300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Gasoline Prices

How do high gas prices affect your department? How does it adjust, if at all?

We write revenue tickets using our speed traps.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

^^^+1^^^

If I write enough this month we may get our new Prius's faster than we expected.

Comment

Hmmmm. I wonder if I'll get a serious answer.

Comment

Our Lieutenant told us the other night that we aren't being affected by the prices yet, but he said don't leave your unit running unnecessarily.

Comment

Bulk gas from the station only, no gassing up at a regular gas station.
            "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Yup. Speed trap revenue = funding for vehicle gas.
              I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Speed trap revenue, generated by the enforcement of inappropriate speed limits.

Comment

I work for a budget strapped PD. Our Twp is very rural and it is asked to try and not go above x amount of miles when on patrol. On nights we go call to call, you can't help it and they understand. They just want it kept at a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Soviet View Post
                    why do you care? what is SO important about your question that it deserves a serious answer?
                    Originally posted by crass cop
                    Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Soviet View Post
                      Hmmmmm. I wonder if you could use the search function. There are pages of this question a few years ago when gas was almost 5 bucks a gallon, stud.
                      Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

Back in the late 1970s when this happened we decreased the amount of patrol per shift we would perform. I recall we limited it to 50 miles per shift, but if we went over that amount they didn't say much.

It is a budget thing and budgets are made up a year in advance. $X for fuel. If you go over budget on fuel you move money from other areas and cut out the "fat" if there is any to cut. In some departments you park the cars and wait for a call.

Ticket revenue goes to the court and then into a general fund in most places. So ticket revenue is just as likely to pay for the mayor's secretary and it is for gas for a patrol car.
                        Ut humiliter opinor

Comment

Memos about cars idling, a fee charged for take home cars, that's about it. You still gotta drive to get to runs.
                          I miss you, Dave.
                          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3957 users online. 251 members and 3706 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X