Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Bacon Cheeseburger, It's for a cop.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Bacon Cheeseburger, It's for a cop.

Farva: Give me a double bacon cheeseburger.

Dimpus Burger Guy: [into mic] Double baco cheeseburger. It's for a cop.

Farva: What the hell's that all about? You gonna spit in it now?

Dimpus Burger Guy: No, I just told him that so he makes it good.
    [into mic]

Dimpus Burger Guy: Don't spit in that cop's burger.

Farva: Yeah, thanks.

Second Dimpus Guy: Roger, holding the spit.

Farva: Gimme a pie... apple.

Dimpus Burger Guy: Want me to hold the spit? Hah, just kidding officer Farva.
    [pause]

Dimpus Burger Guy: Want me to dimpa-size your meal for 25 cents?

Farva: Want me to punch-a-size your face, for free?

Funny movie. I hope that has never happened to any of you. A deputy and I went to Subway during a ride along. He said always go where you can watch them make your food, or pack a lunch.

WARNING, DUMB QUESTIONS AHEAD!

Do you folks prefer packing or fine dining, aka Burger Queen lunches?
    How often do you go on double date lunches with neighboring officers/deputies?
    Do you always try and eat with someone or do you prefer to be alone?

You can't say I didn't warn you.

1. I try to bring my lunch, if I go somewhere it will be a nice restaurant that I trust or a place where I can witness them making my meal. I never, ever under any circumstances go to a fast food joint either in uniform or in a patrol car.

2. I MEET UP with neighboring officers/deputies whenever they/I am avaialbe too. It doesn't happen often. Don't call it a DOUBLE DATE..... : )

3. Don't care really, I suppose I prefer to eat alone. I eat fast and don't spend a lot of time jibberjabering when it's food time.

Comment

I always bring my own lunch....the deputy you rode with is right...if I eat out I don't ever go anywhere I can't watch them make it...sometimes I'll go to a hospital cafeteria and grab something there but 99% of the time I have bring my own food. And when I do grab something to eat it's either at my precinct or I'll hit the fire station....nobody there will bug me in the middle of my meal to ask me questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
        1. I try to bring my lunch, if I go somewhere it will be a nice restaurant that I trust or a place where I can witness them making my meal. I never, ever under any circumstances go to a fast food joint either in uniform or in a patrol car.

2. I MEET UP with neighboring officers/deputies whenever they/I am avaialbe too. It doesn't happen often. Don't call it a DOUBLE DATE..... : )

3. Don't care really, I suppose I prefer to eat alone. I eat fast and don't spend a lot of time jibberjabering when it's food time.
        MEET UP, got it. No double dating here haha.

Comment

When I WAS on the road (not so much any more in retirement!) we stopped to eat at places like Subway and Quizno, but almost as often at sit-down places where we could not see what was going on with the preparations, but never a disaster.

One popular place had a couple of idiots working for them; after they ended up in cells after a drug search, the guard overheard them talking about "fixing" food when the members next walked in. The place did NOT get visited for a LONG time, even after the manager got wind & turfed them out. A LOT of business was lost!

Oh yeah - on top of that, I was able to submit expense claims!
          #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
          Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
          RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
          Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
          "Smile" - no!

Comment

YEah no double dates, ok. Its meet officer.

My wife makes me pack a lunch. It usually gets eaten on my way into the office because I don't eat breakfast. About half way through my shift I request (lunch). There's a few places I go. The taco shop cause I memorized what all the turds drive so if they're working I'll pass. McD's cause I arrested the managers worthless husband and sent him back to prison so yeah she's cool with me. A awesome little drive through joint that has the Best Phylly Cheesesteak outside of Phylly. Gas Station for their awesome pizza and tamalies, then theres nice sit down joints two Texmex and 1 Country Kitchen. Oh and theres a BBQ joint (not the best I had but decent) and one greesy diner that I havent ate in two years Food poisoning not once but twice!

I perfer to eat in my mobil office.
            Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

My wife works as a server for her friends restaurant; it is the only restaurant in town. Nearest fast-food place is 40 miles away. I eat at the restaurant for breakfast and lunch since I know they wont mess with my food....excluding my wife of-course.

Comment

Cafeterias where you serve yourself.
                Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

pack my lunch as much as possible. #1 it's safe, and #2 it's healthy.

Subway and 1 trusted restaurant in town is the only time I eat out.

Comment

Almost always bring my lunch. It's healthier and cheaper. I finally gave up on trying to eat dinner on duty at a sit-down restaurant. It's just too busy and we're too shorthanded to ever get 30 minutes uninterrupted. But every now and then I go to a local sub shop owned by a friend of our family (best subs on the West Coast, excellent baklava, too) or the local pizza place and grab something to go. Subway is just barely a step above the pre-made sandwiches at a 7-11.
                    Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Years ago I was staying at a hotel in Florida on the Inter-coastal Waterway. I was watching out my hotel window and saw a deputy pull up in his boat to the pier of the outdoor restaurant for the hotel. He went to a table and grabbed a seat. Within about five minutes, there were five more boats and five more deputies, and the six of them had lunch together. I thought that was pretty cool compared to my eating lunch in my car.
                      “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCDep View Post
                        Years ago I was staying at a hotel in Florida on the Inter-coastal Waterway. I was watching out my hotel window and saw a deputy pull up in his boat to the pier of the outdoor restaurant for the hotel. He went to a table and grabbed a seat. Within about five minutes, there were five more boats and five more deputies, and the six of them had lunch together. I thought that was pretty cool compared to my eating lunch in my car.
                        That's awesome! I wonder what other specialized unit would be cool to see pull up together? 6 horses all getting tied off at a sub shop might be funny!

Comment

A friend of mine from high school manages a Pappa Johns Pizza thats within the area I patrol and when I order I stick around and shoot the breeze with him and the employees for a bit. SO yea I eat Pizza for my lunch/dinner while at work VERY frequently. I NEVER get tired of pizza! Just change the toppings every now and then.

Comment

I bring almost every night.

When I don't, we have an iHop and a Dennys!

Comment

Incident in Feb. 2008, last I heard he is still not back to full duty three years later. He was cleared for light duty in Jan 2010.

By ERIC NEWHOUSE • Tribune Projects Editor • October 30, 2008

Seeking information

CUT BANK — Denton Moberly almost died in February after someone poisoned the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agent's lunch.

"I was in uniform, and I was driving a marked vehicle through the drive-through lane of a restaurant in Cut Bank," Moberly said Wednesday, adding that, at the time, he was relatively new in town, knew only a few people and had no known enemies.

"I believe this was a random attack on law enforcement," he said.

Timothy Fuhrman, special agent in charge of the FBI's regional office in Salt Lake City, agreed.

Fuhrman called for the community's help in what he called "this high-priority investigation," during a news conference Wednesday in the Glacier County Courthouse. He also announced a $25,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of the person or people responsible for the crime.

"In July of this year, information was provided to the Glacier County Sheriff's Office that a border cop had been deliberately poisoned," he said.

An informant said Moberly's cheeseburger was laced with a "farm poison," but didn't identify the perpetrator, Fuhrman said.

"Within a couple of hours of eating lunch, I became seriously ill," Moberly said. "It felt like spiders were crawling all over my face and hair."

Once he began vomiting, his wife, Sheila, rushed him to the emergency room.

"I stopped breathing twice and nearly died," he said.

Moberly sustained nerve and brain damage serious enough that he now must use a wheelchair. He said he is in constant pain, can barely stand and still has difficulty speaking.

Ironically, Moberly — a Border Patrol agent in Laredo, Texas, for six years, and a police officer in Missouri for 13 years before that — moved his family to Montana a year ago because he thought it would be safer here.

"There were shootings and apprehensions every day along the southern border," Sheila Moberly said. "He really wanted to move to Montana, where it would be safer, so this has been a disappointment.

"But we'll get through it," she said.

The couple has three children, Whitney, 12; Ethan, 16; and Seth, 18, a high school senior who has signed with the Montana National Guard.

"This has absolutely destroyed my life," Denton Moberly said. "I was a firearms and an ATV instructor, and rode bikes off-road with my family. Now all I can do is sit on the couch and watch TV."

However, Moberly said his condition has improved some.

"My neuropsychiatrist said he thinks I will get better," Moberly said. "But I'll never again be 100 percent normal."

Fuhrman said an intensive federal investigation will continue until the perpetrator is brought to justice.

"(Agent Moberly) is a tremendous inspiration to us," he said. "He has been dealt a tough hand, and he has responded incredibly."

Brenna Neinast, the Havre sector CBP chief, said agents across the country have responded to Moberly's poisoning.

"This has affected the entire family of the Border Patrol," Neinast said. "There is no agent in the United States who doesn't know about this case, and it has rocked our faith in some of the communities we serve in, I'm sorry to say."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4609 users online. 280 members and 4329 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X