300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I receved an e-mail from......

Today I recieved the e-mail from the board of parole I've been dreading and the person who's made death threats against me is up for a parole hearing the middle of April. My question is what can I send them to make them find reason for not letting him go?( Besides the threats and how terrified I am of this man?)The threats were made over the phone to a third party,my daughter.
    I'm old......that's all.

If it's possible for you to be present at the hearing, that might be your best option. Hopefully, you'd be given the opportunity to address the board. If so, you tell the board about the threats in your own words, documenting each time a threat was made.
    If at all possible, your daughter should also testify at the hearing, or at least provide you with a written statement detailing the threats, and the date(s) time they occurred. In all likelihood a statement would not be considered hearsay as the subject has already been convicted. Many people equate a parole hearing with a trial. It's not. It's a hearing in which a decision is made to either release the individual on parole, or retain him in custody.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
      If it's possible for you to be present at the hearing, that might be your best option. Hopefully, you'd be given the opportunity to address the board. If so, you tell the board about the threats in your own words, documenting each time a threat was made.
      If at all possible, your daughter should also testify at the hearing, or at least provide you with a written statement detailing the threats, and the date(s) time they occurred. In all likelihood a statement would not be considered hearsay as the subject has already been convicted. Many people equate a parole hearing with a trial. It's not. It's a hearing in which a decision is made to either release the individual on parole, or retain him in custody.
      Thank you. I'm going to do my best to make it to the "hearing" as that seems the best thing to do.
      I'm old......that's all.

Comment

If you can not make a personal appearance (that is by far the best venue) write a letter to the Chairman of the Board of Parole for your state. In that letter you need to attempt to convince the board that it would not be in the public's interest for the convict to be released.

I have found in most cases the board's of parole usually listen heavily to public opinion. The members are usually political appointees who's appointing authority (The Governor) is not often happy when a paroled convict re-offends.....................

Unfortunately the board will also listen to the case manager (or counselor) of the convict. That person is the person who "knows the convict the best" ----well at least as far as his prison behavior. The Correctional Case Manager is also pressured by his command structure to release the convict who is LEAST likely to re-offend. The tax payers really don't like to pay the bill for offenders who have reach maximum rehabilitation----or are "non violent". Your offender, was most likely convicted of a non violent offense---------and is probably ripe for release.

His bed is needed for a more "needy" individual.

Try hard to appear. BUT be advised that your opinion on his release is only one of many................................
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

If he does get released take every measure to protect yourself. Make sure protection from abuse orders are in place and the second he violates them, get him sent back to jail.
          West Chester University B.S. Criminal Justice: May 2009
          Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009
          Full time Patrolman in Chester County, PA.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            If you can not make a personal appearance (that is by far the best venue) write a letter to the Chairman of the Board of Parole for your state. In that letter you need to attempt to convince the board that it would not be in the public's interest for the convict to be released.

I have found in most cases the board's of parole usually listen heavily to public opinion. The members are usually political appointees who's appointing authority (The Governor) is not often happy when a paroled convict re-offends.....................

Unfortunately the board will also listen to the case manager (or counselor) of the convict. That person is the person who "knows the convict the best" ----well at least as far as his prison behavior. The Correctional Case Manager is also pressured by his command structure to release the convict who is LEAST likely to re-offend. The tax payers really don't like to pay the bill for offenders who have reach maximum rehabilitation----or are "non violent". Your offender, was most likely convicted of a non violent offense---------and is probably ripe for release.

His bed is needed for a more "needy" individual.

Try hard to appear. BUT be advised that your opinion on his release is only one of many................................
            His original charges were conspiracy to committ aggravated assault and aggravated assault. He was only out of prison,in same state,a little over 2 years for beating his pregnant wife almost to death.(My daughter.) He went to prison for violating his probation 3 times. This man is violent and has a grudge against me,my husband and my daughter. He's already told my daughter he's coming to Michigan to find her after he takes care of "business" here. This is her telling me as he's been calling her the whole time he's been incarcerated,by 3-way calling,which he isn't supposed to do.

He chose to do the Forest Fire Fighters' program for early release and evidently did ok as he's barely been incarcerated for a year of his 6 year sentence. His behavior in prison is different than when he's a free person. Do they have the records of his prior time in prison?

I'm going to try to appear but my health is a concern and I'd have to make the trip alone. I believe it's close to a five hour drive one way but if that's what I must do,then I'll do it.
            I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by cgravines View Post
              If he does get released take every measure to protect yourself. Make sure protection from abuse orders are in place and the second he violates them, get him sent back to jail.
              There's a permanent restraining order against him here from the police dept. regarding me but he doesn't care about things like that. I have my pistol and a huge desire to live! LOL!
              I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by wyofirebirdbaby View Post
                His original charges were conspiracy to committ aggravated assault and aggravated assault. He was only out of prison,in same state,a little over 2 years for beating his pregnant wife almost to death.(My daughter.) He went to prison for violating his probation 3 times. This man is violent and has a grudge against me,my husband and my daughter. He's already told my daughter he's coming to Michigan to find her after he takes care of "business" here. This is her telling me as he's been calling her the whole time he's been incarcerated,by 3-way calling,which he isn't supposed to do.

He chose to do the Forest Fire Fighters' program for early release and evidently did ok as he's barely been incarcerated for a year of his 6 year sentence. His behavior in prison is different than when he's a free person. Do they have the records of his prior time in prison?

I'm going to try to appear but my health is a concern and I'd have to make the trip alone. I believe it's close to a five hour drive one way but if that's what I must do,then I'll do it.
                Of course his behavior in prison is different ..............................he obviously knows the system and how to work it. Trust me, I know.

The problem is that that case manager will look ONLY at his prison adjustment. Many times the parole board is only worried about that also.

I would prepare and send the letter....................................addresse d to the Parole Board-----------------and due to your health explain to them in the letter why you are not appearing in person. They will understand.

The original charges don't mean much to the Parole Board.........................his charge of record is what they look at.................. with a 6 yr sentence ---a year isn't unusual . Like I said the people don't want to pay to keep inmates in prison.

There's a permanent restraining order against him here from the police dept. regarding me but he doesn't care about things like that. I have my pistol and a huge desire to live! LOL!
                Make sure that if he shows up yo dial 911 and get the police involved immediately. He will still be on parole and that will violate his parole.

The gun.......................as long as you know what you are doing -------------
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  Of course his behavior in prison is different ..............................he obviously knows the system and how to work it. Trust me, I know.

The problem is that that case manager will look ONLY at his prison adjustment. Many times the parole board is only worried about that also.

I would prepare and send the letter....................................addresse d to the Parole Board-----------------and due to your health explain to them in the letter why you are not appearing in person. They will understand.

The original charges don't mean much to the Parole Board.........................his charge of record is what they look at.................. with a 6 yr sentence ---a year isn't unusual . Like I said the people don't want to pay to keep inmates in prison.

Make sure that if he shows up yo dial 911 and get the police involved immediately. He will still be on parole and that will violate his parole.

The gun.......................as long as you know what you are doing -------------
                  Yes sir,and the gun would ONLY be used should he try to attack me in my home or vehicle. I'm practiced with it and know all the rules but an emergency situation is WAY different than the shooting range and I'm very aware of that! It scares me to think of it but this man had me badly beaten before by someone else (hence the conspiracy charges)and won't stop because he has to do it himself. Am I allowed to ask the Board that if he is released that he not be allowed to come to this town?

And I'll dial 9-1-1 so fast that speed dial wouldn't have anything on me! LOL!

Thank you for your advice,Iowa,as it's greatly appreciated. Having no idea about how the parole board works you've been very helpful!
                  I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Well if what you're saying about him is half as true as reality, it is evident he wouldn't care about restraining orders. It's just a necessary formality that will make it all the easier to violate him if and when he contacts you or comes to your town.
                    West Chester University B.S. Criminal Justice: May 2009
                    Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009
                    Full time Patrolman in Chester County, PA.

Comment

Good luck to you.
                      Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

If there is evidence of a prior violent assault (and I'm guessing there is since it was part of his conviction), that needs to be part of your statement. Discuss, either in person or via letter, your fear and how it has impacted your life.
                        It sounds like your daughter has not let him go if she is still accepting calls from him. If she wants no part of him she needs to change her phone number. It sounds like neither of you are able to move so be your own best advocate. See what the District Attorney's office can do for you since they should be present to speak for the victims. (Call them to see what part they play since they may not have someone present. Maybe they can write a letter.)
                        Good luck

Comment

Unfortunately her youngest child belongs to him and all he's allowed is phone contact. (Thank God.) She told him this last time after he told her was going to go to Michigan,which I don't think he can as he'll be on parole,she told him if she heard his voice again she'd cut off the phone contacts with his son until someone else called for him to speak to the boy. She's afraid of him and hates him but the city in Michigan she's in is pretty big and she'd be hard to find just by showing up there. She just moved again recently and once again I don't have her address but for the time being it may be a good thing.

No,moving isn't an option but awareness, not getting careless for a minute,a bug in the ears of the 3 LEOs I'm friends with and a letter to every member of the parole board,their pets and their neighbors on both sides will work just fine. LOL!

Thank you eagleI and OneAdam12 for the good luck wishes! Your advice will be taken and I'll do everything suggested to know for a fact that if he's paroled,it's not from my lack of trying to top it.

There's time between the hearing,parole being granted,notification of me and him being actually released isn't there?

All they said was I would NOT be notified if parole was denied.
                          I'm old......that's all.

Comment

There's time between the hearing,parole being granted,notification of me and him being actually released isn't there?

All they said was I would NOT be notified if parole was denied.
                            For the most part if parole is granted it takes from a week to several months to get their ducks in a row and actually get released.

Comment

Thank you,Iowa.
                              I'm old......that's all.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6282 users online. 354 members and 5928 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X