Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about applying to a municipality

Hey guys!

quick questions about applications sent into municipalities.

When I am ready to start applying, I will have a 4 year degree in criminal justice and some retail jobs that I worked in high school

A.) Will I have to include these retail jobs in my application?
    B.) What are some things that I could do while in school that will give my application a little more substance (I already plan to join a Criminal justice club, and do an internship as part of the schools program)

Thanks!

A---------------------Yes
    B---------------------Good grades, volunteer,
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by nj1 View Post
      Hey guys!

quick questions about applications sent into municipalities.

When I am ready to start applying, I will have a 4 year degree in criminal justice and some retail jobs that I worked in high school

A.) Will I have to include these retail jobs in my application?
      B.) What are some things that I could do while in school that will give my application a little more substance (I already plan to join a Criminal justice club, and do an internship as part of the schools program)

Thanks!
      A) Sure, as long as you didn't steal from one of the stores you worked for or get fired from one of them.
      B) Learn a foreign language.

Comment

Originally posted by iowa #1603 View Post
        a---------------------yes
        b---------------------good grades, volunteer,
        x-2

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
          x-2
          x3

Don't worry too much about getting too deep into the "criminal justice" thing. I know my department is more interested in well-rounded people who enjoy a range of activities and are involved in the community than those who have done everything and been everything "criminal justice."

Comment

I have to agree with dash. If you are getting a four year degree try and do something with it unless you are going to a larger municipality. I work for a small department and education is good but a four year degree would be wasting your time here. I suggest interning with the US Marshal Service or FBI. Some places (larger departments) may require a 4 year degree. Like I said it depends on where you want to work.

Comment

Try to work summers at a beach town dispatching or as a special to get your foot in the door and a good on the job reference for after you graduate and are ready to apply.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7088 users online. 365 members and 6723 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X