Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conviction Rate

Hello again guys,

I was wondering what is the average conviction rate of a good cop? Does your job rely on your conviction rate?

Thanks again for your answers.
    It smells like college in your car sir.

Not at all. It is up to the DA to get convictions. I just report the facts to them and make arrests if necessary

And depends on how you look at conviction rate.

Just one example, I make a lot of DV arrests because I am mandated by state law and department policy. I've arrested for things like a wife dumping a coke on a husband, simply because I'd have some 'splainin' to do if I didn't. I'd say the majority of those end up not being prosecuted due to lack of victim cooperation.

Of the things that actually go to trial, I rarely lose.... less than five in 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo990 View Post
      Not at all. It is up to the DA to get convictions. I just report the facts to them and make arrests if necessary

And depends on how you look at conviction rate.

Just one example, I make a lot of DV arrests because I am mandated by state law and department policy. I've arrested for things like a wife dumping a coke on a husband, simply because I'd have some 'splainin' to do if I didn't. I'd say the majority of those end up not being prosecuted due to lack of victim cooperation.

Of the things that actually go to trial, I rarely lose.... less than five in 6 years.
      Exactly.

From the outside, it may appear that our job centers around convictions. The truth is that our job, boiled-down, is solving problems (albeit usually the worst type of problems in the world), and reporting the facts as best as we can ascertain them.

After that, it's the DA's job to prosecute the case.

-V

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2864 users online. 166 members and 2698 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X