300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have stats?

I work loss prevention and while we don't have monthly quotas or dollar averages we have to uphold; we do tend to brag to team mates about high dollar apprehensions or the number of apps we have on the year.

I was just curious if there is anything similiar to that within your workplace. Bragging rights or certain things that you and your co-workers like to boast about.

Thanks,

Lots of different things to boast about....nothing that really means a whole lot.

Comment

If someone does make a reference about a stupid stat (like bragging about the most felony arrests), I bring up that I had the most DWI arrests last month, which I always do. I had 8 in February and I work ~14 days a month.

Comment

We all have stats. None of us have quotas. Was that all you wanted to know?
        Originally posted by crass cop
        Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
          We all have stats. None of us have quotas. Was that all you wanted to know?
          Well.......... Our traffic division has "performance expectations."
          "Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

Comment

I think we all boast a little bit about our hooks, kind of like fishing stories.
            Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Wgaf.....

I, for one, know that I don't care about this post at all..................
              "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

That's only cause nobody remembers the last time you brought somebody to the house.. :P
                Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
                  That's only cause nobody remembers the last time you brought somebody to the house.. :P
                  Ouch!!!! That'll leave a mark!!
                  Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
                    I think we all boast a little bit about our hooks, kind of like fishing stories.

The fishing reference is pretty funny. I heard that on my first ride along. We were set up for speeders and the Deputy said something along the lines; "It's like fishing, you just have to be patient." Sure enough one comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbsie711 View Post
                      Well.......... Our traffic division has "performance expectations."
                      Yep we have that also, but then again if it was set at zero, I would still fail to meet expectations
                      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                        Yep we have that also, but then again if it was set at zero, I would still fail to meet expectations
                        lol

over achiever are we!
                        This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

We're government employees and we are often looking for grants, so stats are kept for tons of things. I've yet to hear anyone brag about them, though, and few people care. Take care of your beat, your fellow officers, and clean up your own messes and few people care how many X's you did last month.
                          I miss you, Dave.
                          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

I don't hear a lot of officers talk about stats such as most arrests last month, etc. Those that do brag about those tend to have ego's anyway. Most of what we "brag" about is something exciting or different than the usual night. As mentioned, the fishing stories and nothing more.

Comment

We never compare stats as we all see it as pointless dribble. We only share the "who has the most bizzare" story from time to time. If you get a boner every time you make an arrest than you're a huge tool.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6069 users online. 302 members and 5767 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X