300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did a little research....

I did a little research on the fine LEOs in my state for statistics on fallen officers here. Here are the results for those interested.

50 total deaths,starting in 1899.
    Accidental gunfire: 2 (Most recent 1995)
    Gunfire: 31
    Car accidents: 6
    Aircraft accidents: 2 (Both were out of the Game and Fish Dept.)
    Motorcycle accidents: 2
    Drowned: 1
    Heart attack: 1 (Most recent death . 2007)
    Stabbed: 1 (DOC Dept.)
    Vehichle pursuit: 1 (1993)
    Vehichle assault: 1

Game and Fish recieved the most total deaths for all the depts.: 5

For my county there have been a total of 3 deaths,all by gunfire,the last one in 1908. Last LEO killed by gunfire in state was in 1995.

Statistics show our state to be fairly safe but then again with only 550,000 people in the entire state,that makes sense.

Of course I didn't see any deaths due to being stampeded to death by cows or deer! LOL!

My condolences to all the families for their losses!

Just found these stats interesting and thought a few of you may also! Have a safe week all!

Just ran across an article stating that Wyoming came in second in the top ten states picked for happiest places to live!! Evidently they didn't come to MY town!!! LMAO!

I must have a glitch or something in my computer as my first edit was to erase the first smileys at beginning of post as I figured they'd be taken wrong and I still don't see them but now I also don't see the ones at the end and I didn't mean to erase them. I did just now seperate the last 5 words from the rest of post so they aren't as easy to be misleading as to their reason. This is exactly why I don't use icons very often and am not using them again.
    Last edited by Ocommod1; 03-07-2011, 10:33 PM.
    I'm old......that's all.

Thanks for the update....?

Comment

I like the smiley faces in a stat that has 50 dead officers in it. ^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^

Im not to sure about this chick. seems like one to many Troll Posts for my taste...
      Last edited by LaPlaca; 03-07-2011, 04:44 PM.
      Originally posted by crass cop
      Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LaPlaca View Post
        I like the smiley faces in a stat that has 50 dead officers in it. ^^^^^^what he said^^^^^^

Im not to sure about this chick. seems like one to many Troll Posts for my taste...
        The smiley faces came after I said have a safe week,twit,not at the start of the post! Wouldn't have offered condolences if I'd meant anything bad by my post!

You and Michigan are more than welcome to put me on ignore! If I have too many "troll" posts for your taste,then quit reading the menu.

I posted these stats as I was proud of the low number of fallen officers in my state,95% of the deaths being from the late 1800's to early 1900's,meaning it was what our history here is about in the West. Also was glad the last death was in '07 and due to a heart attack,not other means. Means Wyoming's gone 4 years without another fallen officer! None of the fallen LEOs were female,for those who may care.

You're most definately entitled to your opinion of my posts and me and I'm actually laughing at the inability of you being able to realize the smileys were intended as they were.

If this post truly seems trollish,I'd like to hear that from others and the reason why so as to improve them. Your reason doesn't count with me and neither does your opinion. That's my right. Couldn't be too bad as only 2 of you replied to a post not requiring one!

I'm more than open to custructive criticisim and directions/advice on how to improve my posts but open sarcasm (Michigan) and any lack of trying to understand someone else is a little over the line,especially for a post not requiring nor wanting any answers!
        I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by wyofirebirdbaby View Post
          The smiley faces came after I said have a safe week,twit,not at the start of the post! Wouldn't have offered condolences if I'd meant anything bad by my post!

You and Michigan are more than welcome to put me on ignore! If I have too many "troll" posts for your taste,then quit reading the menu.

I posted these stats as I was proud of the low number of fallen officers in my state,95% of the deaths being from the late 1800's to early 1900's,meaning it was what our history here is about in the West. Also was glad the last death was in '07 and due to a heart attack,not other means. Means Wyoming's gone 4 years without another fallen officer! None of the fallen LEOs were female,for those who may care.

You're most definately entitled to your opinion of my posts and me and I'm actually laughing at the inability of you being able to realize the smileys were intended as they were.

If this post truly seems trollish,I'd like to hear that from others and the reason why so as to improve them. Your reason doesn't count with me and neither does your opinion. That's my right. Couldn't be too bad as only 2 of you replied to a post not requiring one!

I'm more than open to custructive criticisim and directions/advice on how to improve my posts but open sarcasm (Michigan) and any lack of trying to understand someone else is a little over the line,especially for a post not requiring nor wanting any answers!

you need to tone it down

You know by now that you don't get to dictate how your posts are received and answered. As a non LEO you are here as a guest and according to the TOS (and the heading at the top of the page) can be removed at will if the mods feels like it.

Tone and sarcasm can't really be felt when you are typing on a computer..................nor can posters reasons for posting certain items be ascertained unless it is explained in detail.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

And the last 5 words are NOT seperated as I purposely did. One more try and if it doesn't work I give up!
            I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
              you need to tone it down

You know by now that you don't get to dictate how your posts are received and answered. As a non LEO you are here as a guest and according to the TOS (and the heading at the top of the page) can be removed at will if the mods feels like it.

Tone and sarcasm can't really be felt when you are typing on a computer..................nor can posters reasons for posting certain items be ascertained unless it is explained in detail.
              Yes Iowa,I realize all this. The icons are what tell others more of what the tone may be. I don't want to try to dictate how my posts are answered or blow up out of context and I apologize for my outburst. Yes,I can be banned/removed at any time and you know I've done a lot of improving since I first was an idiot and I feel that the troll label isn't warranted on me in this post at least. That's only my opinion and counts very little but it's a little upsetting to be plowed under after doing what I thought was a good post. My computer is having some slight problems and the icons at the beginning won't erase as the last 5 words won't seperate. In no way is that something I was prepared for when I posted it! I felt that after 80 views with no replys,which the post wasn't intended to generate,that it was done ok. I didn't check it again until I noticed answers so didn't realize the icons were still there that I thought were gone. An honest mistake on my part and of course misleading to others. I was simply proud of the stats in my state for the safety of our LEOs and managed to mess that up even! Someday I'll learn that in order for me to catch the train,I need to stop being at the bus station!! LOL!

I thank you for your very kind admonishment of my inappropriate behavior and will once again be more aware of how my post comes out to start with!( No more icons for me,though!) I very humbley step back and accept my punishment!

Michigan and LaPlaca,please accept my sincere apologies for my inappropriate behavior to you!
              I'm old......that's all.

Comment

Take the thread for it's face value.

Perhaps Wyofirebirdbaby...thought the stats were interesting and was just passing it along. I personally look at the total stats constantly...but the only state that I really browsed was Calee.

Interesting that Fish and Game was the highest in LODD.

Wyoming would be a nicer state if it wasn't so damn windy.

As for being a troll...naw...she just asks alot of questions...which is what this forum is about. Kind of like chools but from Wyoming.

So if you don't like her questions...then don't bother to read em...and move on!
                This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                  Take the thread for it's face value.

Perhaps Wyofirebirdbaby...thought the stats were interesting and was just passing it along. I personally look at the total stats constantly...but the only state that I really browsed was Calee.

Interesting that Fish and Game was the highest in LODD.

Wyoming would be a nicer state if it wasn't so damn windy.

As for being a troll...naw...she just asks alot of questions...which is what this forum is about. Kind of like chools but from Wyoming.

So if you don't like her questions...then don't bother to read em...and move on!
                  My sincere thanks to you for understanding my original intentions! I didn't figure too many knew or cared about the stats here but it impressed me and figured if any LEOs want to go to a safer state,Wyoming's open! There are parts of it that aren't near as windy as others and when I find them I'll let you know where they are!! LOL!

Thank you for your support of me and my most of the times stupid questions. It means a lot! Have a very nice and safe week!
                  I'm old......that's all.

Comment

I think LODD are a sensitive subject. Like I said, I look everyday at the Officer Down Memorial Page. Stats can be a learning tool..if you are open to the reason why something happened..and if it was a mistake or lack of training...realize it and apply it so one doesn't become a statistic.

Don't you bull sheeot me wyofirebirdbaby.

I drove our RV thru your entire state and let me tell you what! THE WHOLE DAMN STATE IS WINDY. I pulled into a rest stop for cripes sake on the top of a mountain/hill and there was so many tumbleweed looking things blowing around...I thought the rest stop was closed.

They even have a sign as you leave the state..."Wind is your friend". That's like Always saying...have a happy period!

My only hazards now...is slipping on snow that has melted and refrozen.
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

I did a little research....
                      I did a little research on the fine HOUSEWIVES in my state for statistics ON KILLED HOUSWIVES. Here are the results for those interested.

50 total deaths,starting in 1899.
                      Accidental gunfire: 2 (Most recent 1995)
                      Gunfire: 31
                      Car accidents: 6
                      Aircraft accidents: 2 (Both were out of the Game and Fish Dept.)
                      Motorcycle accidents: 2
                      Drowned: 1
                      Heart attack: 1 (Most recent death . 2007)
                      Stabbed: 1 (DOC Dept.)
                      Vehichle pursuit: 1 (1993)
                      Vehichle assault: 1

Game and Fish recieved the most total deaths for all the depts.: 5

For my county there have been a total of 3 deaths,all by gunfire,the last one in 1908. Last HOUSEWIFE killed by gunfire in state was in 1995.

Statistics show our state to be fairly safe but then again with only 550,000 people in the entire state,that makes sense.

Of course I didn't see any deaths due to being stampeded to death by cows or deer! LOL!

My condolences to all the families for their losses!

Just found these stats interesting and thought a few of you may also! Have a safe week all!

Just ran across an article stating that Wyoming came in second in the top ten states picked for happiest places to live!! Evidently they didn't come to MY town!!! LMAO!

**See how it can be taken wrong?
                      Last edited by Michigan; 03-08-2011, 08:21 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6296 users online. 345 members and 5951 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X