Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know there is nothing about that in my P&P manual!!! But I would definitely go uniform, unless told otherwise by my department. It's shows a sense of brotherhood and respect (in my opinion).
    Life's too short for regrets...

I can learn something from anyone, even if it's what not to do...

Comment

OP- I'm so sorry for your loss, and may you be comforted in your friend's outstanding service.

That said; Wear your uniform for him. Salute with loving pride, and remember him the same way. "FTO" should have no bearing on this whatsoever.....
      Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Matt View Post

My policy & procedure manual also does not mention this, and I’m not going to ask my Chief as he would just tell me to write one up…
        In that case I would make sure I asked the boss.

I never passed up the chance to write a policy that reflected MY preferences on how to handle a particular situation. If your chief thinks enough of your opinion to ask you to put it into policy -----that advantage of that confidence!
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

If other Marines are present please ensure your uniform is inspection ready and that you are able to properly stand at attention, parade rest and know how to salute. If not just wear a suit. The other Marines will with ease notice any and all errors in uniforms and drill.

The purpose of wearing your uniform is to show respect to your buddy, a sloppy uniform and poor drill isn't.
          Any views or opinions presented by this prenomen are solely those of a burlesque author and do not necessarily represent those of a LEA or caementum couturier.

nom de plume

This is the internet- take all information with a grain of salt. Such could be valid and true or could be typed just for playing devils advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            In that case I would make sure I asked the boss.

I never passed up the chance to write a policy that reflected MY preferences on how to handle a particular situation. If your chief thinks enough of your opinion to ask you to put it into policy -----that advantage of that confidence!
            He’s already just volun-told me to write one on a much more complex subject that I knew nothing about, but now I know more about than anyone else at my dept., and when I'm finished with that one…
            Last edited by Magic Matt; 03-08-2011, 12:56 PM.
            Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

Sans policy prohibiting such a thing, I would go in uniform. If it is against I would go to the chief and request a waiver.
              It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2719 users online. 165 members and 2554 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X