300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Handcuffs

What are the best pair of handcuffs. I am currently in the police academy and we use ASP. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by NJK522; 03-04-2011, 01:12 PM.

I carried a set of Peerless for nearly 25 yrs------------used multiple (as in 50-100 times ) times daily for close to 10 of those years. When I turned them in at retirement they were in fine shape.

S&W are also just as good.

I understand the the ASP brand are not bad............but I have never used them.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I like my Smiths. I've had ASP and Peerless; prefer the Smiths but simply for personal preference, nothing more. I will say be wary of the el-cheapos. I had one pair that would not work with a standard key that I picked up for 7 bucks clearance as a backup set. Had to toss em.

Comment

Dept issue Smiths....I also have 2 pairs of peerless.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of the ASP cuffs, mostly because the polymer feels like plastic and I have the notion of plastic being easily breakable. I realize that they're not going to break open easily, but my all steel handcuffs provide me a peace of mind that the ASP wouldn't.

Smith and Wesson here.
          Originally posted by K40
          To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
          ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

I like Peerless and ASP. Thing I like about the ASP is the keyway on both sides, along with the double lock indicator.
            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

You might want to see if your department allowes hinged vice chain cuffs. Hinged cuffs have less play and not as easy for someone to acrobat their hands from back to front. Any style you get is fine, but remember cuffs are on for a reason, not for comfort.
              GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

My ASP cuffs that I had were terrible for speed cuffing. I only used them for six months then tossed them.

Comment

I had Smiths and Peerless. I preferred the peerless because of the positioning of the key hole. It was easier to use.
                  Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

I like the Peerless with Rivets. The double locking system is nice, but others have that now as well. They're also shiney, lol.

Why I actually like them is due to the contours on the bottom of the cuff where the chain attaches. It seems like that makes them easier to hold rather than the flat style of Smith and Wessons.

Comment

It's completely user preference. I've used Hiatts, Smith, Peerless (several pairs), and ASP. I carry one ASP and one Peerless now.

I got rid of my Smith. I liked my Hiatts (hinged), but sold them years ago.

I like the asp due to their dual key holes and double locking. Not that fond of them for speed cuffing, they aren't as smooth as my peerless. I'm sure if I spend a little time working the asp they would be as smooth as my peerless.

Comment

Smith,chain,with the ,"poke" double lock(not the slot) my cuffs are older than most people I put them on,and wouldn't trade them for the world."S&W cuffs for Sgt. Mav.in service since 1976 and serving hundreds".

BTW,that "poke" doble lock WILL come in handy ,as your sight fails in your 50s'
                        Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

I have Smith & Wesson linked and hinged. Can't go wrong with either of those. I like to carry 2 pairs though because of large customers.

Comment

I have had Smith's, Peerless and Hiatt's. Hiatt's and Peerless are about the same. As I remember, the Smith's had a different style double locking mechanism that was just not real easy to use.

Comment

Peerless and Asp.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6072 users online. 342 members and 5730 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X