Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went Army. Am about to get out after 7 years in. I don't regret a minute of it. If you really want to do the whole marine thing, by all means have at it. At the end of the day, regardless of the ****ing matches between services, it is what you make of it..but then again, that's everything in life.

Pick one, work hard, make the most out of it...take training, classes, whatever you can...don't get out and regret not doing something while you were in.

And in my corner of the military, I work with all services. I have seen some real "special" servicemembers from EVERY service.

Comment

ryker, you're a moron.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
          love it

Comment

Alot of folk on here talk about the pride and brotherhood of the Marine Corps and thats great. My Granddad, Uncle and cousin are Marines. All of them share a bond cause every Marine is a brother. The Army is a bit diffrent. You have the Army and then you have the Infantry. The job of the Army is to support the Infantry. If combat arms is what you want then go Army Infantry. One you get to pick the Infantry not get assigned baised on the needs of the Army. (I scored high on ASVAB an Really high on the GT portion of the ASVAB) So, I would have been beter off working on avionics for the Army or somthing technical like that. No way! I picked 11B Infantry.

Just like the Marine Corps you are part of a Brotherhood. One that extends to every generation that fought before you and fights after you. The proudest day of my life. (and moreso than my wedding day) was the night I stood freezing on Sand Hill in Ft. Benning GA. And My Drill Sgt. pinned my cross rifles onto my lapel. Thats when you join the brotherhood.

Yeah the Marines get cool dress reds while the Army wears the Dress Greens. Do a search on Army Blues dress uniform. While your at it check out an Airborne Infantry in their greens with the polished jump boots. Now thats sexy!

Army gives you a cash enlistment bonus, Marines give you the pride of being a Marine. And you get to buy those high speed uniforms.

Army has the bigger budget. What does that mean? Better Chow, Better Equipment, BETTER WEAPONRY!

Army units jump from the sky, rope in from lawn darts, or roll in on Bradleys and Strikers.

MArines get to walk or swim.

Army has MORE TRAINING SCHOOLS. Airborne, Air Assault, Pathfinder, Ranger School, Sniper School, TOW school, Master Gunner School, You can reclass EOD and learn to play with stuff that goes Boom (Which I plan on doing once I get this bum knee fixed), Leadership Development, Combat Diver, HALO, SFAS, ...... list goes on and on.

The Army Infantry gives you the opurtunity of serving with some Highly Decorated, Highly Historic, High Speed Units Like:
            1/506th AASLT IN BN (See Avatar), 1/87 AASLT IN BN (Jimmy Hendrix), 75th Ranger, 82nd Airborne, 101 Air Assault, 1st Cav, Old Guard,
            With all that being said I don't recognize the rest of the Army POG's (Personel Othar than Grunt) they are just another branch of the US Military as far as Im concerned. The Infantry is of its own and has everything the Marine Corps offer with better toys.
            The Infantry is only for the [email protected] the last domain of Mens Men. We have our own way of thinking, leading, and fighting. Just ask any infantryman we got the same Pride, Honor, History and Courage as any Marine and probablly more so.

Dont get me wrong I do love Marnines. (My *** Rides Navy Equipment) fought next to them in Iraq. They are some tough sumsabitcs. Just I can think of a better way of taking ground than just bum rushing up the middle.
            Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

Originally posted by brad601 View Post
              Alot of folk on here talk about the pride and brotherhood of the Marine Corps and thats great. My Granddad, Uncle and cousin are Marines. All of them share a bond cause every Marine is a brother. The Army is a bit diffrent. You have the Army and then you have the Infantry. The job of the Army is to support the Infantry. If combat arms is what you want then go Army Infantry. One you get to pick the Infantry not get assigned baised on the needs of the Army. (I scored high on ASVAB an Really high on the GT portion of the ASVAB) So, I would have been beter off working on avionics for the Army or somthing technical like that. No way! I picked 11B Infantry.

Just like the Marine Corps you are part of a Brotherhood. One that extends to every generation that fought before you and fights after you. The proudest day of my life. (and moreso than my wedding day) was the night I stood freezing on Sand Hill in Ft. Benning GA. And My Drill Sgt. pinned my cross rifles onto my lapel. Thats when you join the brotherhood.

Yeah the Marines get cool dress reds while the Army wears the Dress Greens. Do a search on Army Blues dress uniform. While your at it check out an Airborne Infantry in their greens with the polished jump boots. Now thats sexy!

Army gives you a cash enlistment bonus, Marines give you the pride of being a Marine. And you get to buy those high speed uniforms.

Army has the bigger budget. What does that mean? Better Chow, Better Equipment, BETTER WEAPONRY!

Army units jump from the sky, rope in from lawn darts, or roll in on Bradleys and Strikers.

Army has MORE TRAINING SCHOOLS. Airborne, Air Assault, Pathfinder, Ranger School, Sniper School, TOW school, Master Gunner School, You can reclass EOD and learn to play with stuff that goes Boom (Which I plan on doing once I get this bum knee fixed), Leadership Development, Combat Diver, HALO, SFAS, ...... list goes on and on.

The Army Infantry gives you the opurtunity of serving with some Highly Decorated, Highly Historic, High Speed Units Like:
              1/506th AASLT IN BN (See Avatar), 1/87 AASLT IN BN (Jimmy Hendrix), 75th Ranger, 82nd Airborne, 101 Air Assault, 1st Cav, Old Guard,
              With all that being said I don't recognize the rest of the Army POG's (Personel Othar than Grunt) they are just another branch of the US Military as far as Im concerned. The Infantry is of its own and has everything the Marine Corps offer with better toys.
              The Infantry is only for the [email protected] the last domain of Mens Men. We have our own way of thinking, leading, and fighting. Just ask any infantryman we got the same Pride, Honor, History and Courage as any Marine and probablly more so.

Dont get me wrong I do love Marnines. (My *** Rides Navy Equipment) fought next to them in Iraq. They are some tough sumsabitcs. Just I can think of a better way of taking ground than just bum rushing up the middle.
              Yeah that all seems nice buuuuttttttttit it doesn't come close to the "benefit" of being able to call yourself one of the few, the proud, the Marines... lol

Comment

Originally posted by brad601 View Post

a. Marines have Dress Blues, not dress reds, unless they are in the Band.

b. Some MOS's in the Marine Corps give enlistment/re-enlistment bonuses

c. I'll give you the better equipment (over-all). The only branches that had significantly better chow were the Air Force and Navy. Weaponry was practically identical.

d. There are Marine Corps uints that "jump from the sky." I personally fastroped, repelled and SPIE rigged in the Marine Corps, several times each, and never had to get a special badge to do so. Marine Corps has LAV's, Amtraks, etc....

e. The Army RUNS more schools. I know/knew Marines that attended all of the Army schools you mentioned. The Marine Corps runs their own TOW School as part of SOI (not really terribly high speed, kinda like saying, "we have a school for Mortarmen!"), Sniper School (I'd hazard to guess the term "Marine Sniper," has a more distinct ring than "Army Sniper"), Amphibious Reconnaissance School, MARSOC indoc, Leadership Development, etc. They also have EOD.

f. The entire Marine Corps Infantry is a "Highly Decorated, Highly Historic, High Speed Unit."

g. Yeah, then there is Marine Infantry

h. Don't get me wrong, I love the Army (No cute acronym, but don't they need the Air Force to get to ride in a plane?) The Marine Corps has their own Air Wing, complete with helos, transports, CAS, etc.

i. Last time I checked, Marines had tanks, Amtracs, LAV's, helo's, the Osprey, Hummers, 5 tons, etc... Infantry tends to fight from their feet. We got rides fairly close to where we needed to go. We even rode in helos without needing a special tab to do so, and threw grenades without getting a spiffy badge

Comment

Not to mention our own c-130's, f-18's and Av-8 harriers
                  Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ryker View Post
                    .......Either way- the military is great for pay and benefits if you don't get killed for some bull****s war making rich richer.
                    ....well "standby to standby" on that one, with natural disasters occurring more and more, middle east and 3rd world dictators losing their grips, and food/ resources( like oil) supplies threatened, expect ALOT of work for our armed forces to be busy in this early part of the 21st century. as far as what i know of the coast guard ? they risk life and limb at home( disasters, rescues,drug interdiction,et al) and they are deployed overseas in war zones as "force protection"( one of my co-workers was in the gulf a few yrs back on maritime patrol,searching for weapons and insurgents).anytime you have to strap on a gun, or point one at somebody, it ain't "safe".....
                    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

Originally posted by 5149.5 View Post
                      LMAO.......I hope that is a diet private....shiiit he is big.......he must be a pouge
                      Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38 View Post
                        .. and ,let me guess, would rather sleep in a bed than mud, right?....My ex girlfriends son will be back from Korea this month- he went USAF and has a high tech MOS, but he told her they dragged them out to a range to fire some M-16s when the Koreans were shooting at each other last year. Apparently he was told to prepare to "fight like the marines.."
                        I remember in Okinawa we went to the Air Force base to get some drinks at their E-Club.....**** they would not even let us on base....apparently another unit of Marines beat the crap out of some Air force boys and tore up the club. Damn we just went back to our camp and later on that night end up having a company versus company brawl......I am talking hundreds of Marines fighting each other. Damn I miss the Corps......No wonder people think we are crazy.
                        Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

Dude go with the Marines....trust me it is something you will never regret and it is something nobody can take away from you. No matter where you end up in the civilian life........Once a Marine Always a Marine.

I once came across a outlaw biker while on duty....I noticed he had a Marine tattoo. **** we spent a few minutes shooting the **** about the Corps. At that moment it was not a Cop and a Criminal talking ....it was two Marines reminiscing about our beloved Corps. He made a bad choice in what to do with his life......but I still respected him because he was a fellow Marine and he felt the same way about me.

No matter where you go......you will always come across a fellow Devil Dog. Marines know what he had to go through to earn the title and we don't forget. We are truly a Brotherhood.......Oorah!

Comment

Before "direct deposit", didn't a Marine's check say Department of the Navy on top?

I digress. My entire family who did serve was either in the Marine Corps or Navy. I was the first one to stray outside the box and join the Air Force. At one time our checks said Department of the Army. Then evolution occurred and we stopped dragging our knuckles and began to walk upright. That is why Harry S. Truman decided in 1947 to dissolve the Army Air Corps and create the United States Air Force.

Since then we have been providing better air support to the Marines with better success than the Army ever dreamed of. Hell, we even have PARARESCUE. It's not offensive. It's the group who extracts the Offensive units out when ****e goes wrong. The primary purpose of PARARESCUE is to save lives.

Honestly. If you're Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines.... you're all brothers and sisters. God bless.

Comment

Negative. You take the ASVAB. They tell you what you qualify for you sign that job in your contract.

Originally posted by sp23 View Post
                              The Army gives you a choice on your MOS (Military Occupational Specialty), which is just military speak for "job". I'm pretty sure the Marines assign you to whatever they need. You can see by the pic in my signature which one I would suggest...........
                              "Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

Comment

Originally posted by Disturbed View Post
                                a. Marines have Dress Blues, not dress reds, unless they are in the Band.

b. Some MOS's in the Marine Corps give enlistment/re-enlistment bonuses

c. I'll give you the better equipment (over-all). The only branches that had significantly better chow were the Air Force and Navy. Weaponry was practically identical.

d. There are Marine Corps uints that "jump from the sky." I personally fastroped, repelled and SPIE rigged in the Marine Corps, several times each, and never had to get a special badge to do so. Marine Corps has LAV's, Amtraks, etc....

e. The Army RUNS more schools. I know/knew Marines that attended all of the Army schools you mentioned. The Marine Corps runs their own TOW School as part of SOI (not really terribly high speed, kinda like saying, "we have a school for Mortarmen!"), Sniper School (I'd hazard to guess the term "Marine Sniper," has a more distinct ring than "Army Sniper"), Amphibious Reconnaissance School, MARSOC indoc, Leadership Development, etc. They also have EOD.

f. The entire Marine Corps Infantry is a "Highly Decorated, Highly Historic, High Speed Unit."

g. Yeah, then there is Marine Infantry

h. Don't get me wrong, I love the Army (No cute acronym, but don't they need the Air Force to get to ride in a plane?) The Marine Corps has their own Air Wing, complete with helos, transports, CAS, etc.

i. Last time I checked, Marines had tanks, Amtracs, LAV's, helo's, the Osprey, Hummers, 5 tons, etc... Infantry tends to fight from their feet. We got rides fairly close to where we needed to go. We even rode in helos without needing a special tab to do so, and threw grenades without getting a spiffy badge
                                In short we're kind of like our own little military. We just depend on the Navy to give us a ride, and patch us up. As a marine I spent 1 month on float and hated every second of it. I flew commercial or on Marine birds. In Iraq the air support I called in was Marine oh and that TOW school that was mentioned my MOS, 0352 Anti Tank Assault Guided Missile Man (TOW Gunner) and the army definately did not put on my school.

All that said I think this sums it up:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2M7ckkxQLU
                                "Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water, in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4485 users online. 237 members and 4248 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X