300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Job?

I'm just wondering how many of you LEOs have second jobs? And what type of job are they?

Any of you work private security or anything along those lines?

Thanks.

How bout 2nd, 3rd, and 4th job
    National Guard Team Leader
    Resident Courtesy Officer for an Apt Complex
    What ever else I can drum up for Off Duty gigs. (Daddy needs a new: Remington 700 (Heavy Barrel, McMillian Stock, Leupold Mk 4 glass, bipod, thredded barrel, suppressor, you know a new deer rifle ) Truck 2008 -11 GMC Serria Z71 Low miles, Boat Don't really care what manufactur just as long as it has the Yamaha VMax 250 outboard. Or Twin Yamaha 250 Outboards Ooooooooo)
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

I work armed private security. It's really nice to have the extra income when times are tight or when you need to make some larger purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinister_kid View Post
        I'm just wondering how many of you LEOs have second jobs? And what type of job are they?

Any of you work private security or anything along those lines?

Thanks.
        My Agency is very strict concerning off-duty employment. No private security gigs, no apt complex "courtesy officers" no place where alcoholic beverages are sold/consumed. No more than twenty hours per week for authorized off-duty work. O T H. ample opportunities for O/T do exist. Most of this is intensified, high profile traffic enforcement on the Interstate. Federal funds are provided for these activities. Another pretty good detail is security at the State Capitol on weekends/holidays. For a time, I coordinated the Capitol Security Detail, and always had more volunteers than spaces to fill.

Comment

Not really much for "off duty" gigs around here, although I work part time for another agency.

Comment

I've worked some off-duty gigs before, but primarily I stick with teaching CPR/BLS classes. It pays better than most off-duty police/security-related jobs.
            I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Work a full time police job.

Work 6-8 days a month part time for another PD.

Comment

My agency is pretty strict on secondary employment...so I do not. However I do teach CPR classes on my off days when needed. I probably teach 30-50 CPR classes a year.

Comment

bourbon taster
                  chick aficianado
                  cigar smoker
                  troll assasin
                  TV watcher
                  oh yeah and I occassionally work the local quiceneras, wedding receptions and whatever else gets posted on the board...mostly its department sanctioned off duty stuff as its usually $35 an hour, (pretty good for around here)
                  "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                  The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                  sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                  Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

I dont have a second job, but I can sign up to work 'extra duty' with my department.

Comment

My last 6 or 7 years prior to retirement I did gardening for 10 homes on my street. I was off 3 days a week and even with all the ot I worked it was no problem.. I made a extra 1000.00 a month that Uncle Sam didn't know about.. After 15 years of retirement I still do the same gardening and enjoy the work outdoors and the exercise it gives me..
                      Retired LASD

Comment

I teach at the local university part time.
                        If one man can make a difference, every man should.

Comment

OT. I've on occasion done personal protection jobs.
                          Other officer: Oh that's right, I forgot, you're God's gift to police work.
                          Me: At least someone recognizes it.

Turns out basic police work isn't so hard, you just have to leave the station.

Comment

I work a second job. It's not uncommon at my dept.

Comment

I work overtime, plus I'm a Soldier in the National Guard.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Smurfette
                              Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                              Originally posted by DAL
                              You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4473 users online. 262 members and 4211 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X