300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firearm Virgin

Hello ladies and gents. First of all thank you for taking the time to read these words. A few hours ago i finally went through with it and purchased myself a firearm. A Glock model 19, 9 mm handgun. I was wondering if there was some advice on which holster to purchase that would provide the most comfort, reliability and concealment. Im very excited Thanks again.

Whats with all the manners? Seriously it's an informal forum you can drop the Lord Ottombottom routine.

To awnser your inquisition sir, I beseach you seek out a firearm merchant and try out his various wares to see which one is fitting for you. I prefer a simple, low cost, and utility Uncle Mikes in the wasteband holster.
    Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Comment

^^Is it pretty good for concealment?

Comment

You're not going to get a good answer asking other people. Everyone has different body types, different ways they like to carry concealed, etc. Go to a store, try some on, see what you like, and buy it. It's one of those purchases where asking for advice is pointless...everyone's going to have a different opinion.

Comment

Yeah, you'll get 20 different answers if you ask 20 different people.

Congrats on the new purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrock4 View Post
            Yeah, you'll get 20 different answers if you ask 20 different people.

Congrats on the new purchase.
            Actually you will probably get 25 answers from 20 people----------some of us like more than one holster.

Any gun dealer will be more than happy to assist you in picking out a good rig. If you have a rapport with the guy/gal that sold you your Glock, go back there----otherwise go to the nearest "Mom & Pop" gun store and talk to the person behind the counter. I say a small store rather than a big box store just for the fact that the operators of a small store are more likely to be users of the product than a clerk at Guns R Us.
            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

First, have you taken a CHL class yet? I have a Galco holster I use, and love it. The best advise is go try on holsters, and don't be so excited about carrying a gun. It's alot of responsibility, and again check your states laws and take whatever classes you need.
              Thanks,
              Klint

Comment

Thank you all for the responses. I do have a license to carry concealed but MI is an open carry state as well. Not that i will be open carrying, i don't really care to make that point or attract that kind of attention. So i'm guessing the Galco leather holsters are a good choice seeing how they wont scratch the finish on the weapon and are made of high quality materials. I tell you what though, those suckers are not cheap, but then again this is a good purchase. Being able to protect myself and my loved ones is priceless.

Comment

Before you invest in a holster, GET TRAINING. (Sorry, but I did mean to shout!) The gun, ammo, and holster are worse than useless if you do not know how to use them efficiently. Train, then practice! In the process, you wil see what others like, and make an informed choice. Otherwise, you end up like most of us, with boxes of holsters that other folks like, but just don't fit our body style, clothing choices, life style, etc.
                  "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                  John Stuart Mill

Comment

Ditto on the training aspect as well. Unless and until you can clear malfunctions in your sleep, you should not be carrying it, IMO.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3476 users online. 243 members and 3233 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X