Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night sights - which ones!

Hello LEO's!

I just recently got hired on with the Police Department that I'm currently a Community Service Officer at. Anyway, I will be attending the Police Academy in April, and I currently own a Glock 23 40 cal that I will be using as my duty weapon. Anyway, before I go to the academy, I would like to get some night sights installed on it.

Currently, I'm looking at the Truglo Tritrium/Fiber Optic sights. My options are as follows:

Front Green/Rear Green or Front Green/Rear Yellow.

Which ones should I go with? I'm thinking that the green/yellow might be better, but I thought I'd get some opinions? Also, would you guys recommend the Truglo tritrium's? I like the tritriums because they glow in the dark.

Thanks much!

I use the Trijicon system on several of my weapons. It's considered one of the very best in tritium tube sights. I like them for several reasons, one fo which is that they are tough and will take a true beating day in and day out and will stay zeroed. Check out Novak's (www.novaksights.com), they are the best sight smith in the business, IMHO. They carry both fiber optic as well as tritium, or a combination of both. I like the tritium sights better than the fiber optic ones because of the constant glow.

Before you go and modify your weapon, do some 'net surfing and see what some of the firearm sites offer up in the way of options. Talk to some of the officers you know on your department and get some input there. Ask your department's firearms folks, (instructors, armorers, etc..) see what they have to say. But most importantly, go check out the offerings at your local gun shop or firing range. Hands on experience can't beat whatever we "web warriors" may tell you.

Good luck, and be safe!
    Carpe Noctem

Comment

I've had Trijicon sights on my G22 since 1990 and they are still glowing strong. I've never had a problem shooting accurately at night, either. I wouldn't use anything else.
      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Sell your 23 used and use your new status as an employed LEO to get the Glock discount on a brand new one with factory night sights for around the same price you see your used one for. My Glock 23 has factory sights and shoots as straight as the day I bought it.
        West Chester University B.S. Criminal Justice: May 2009
        Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009
        Full time Patrolman in Chester County, PA.

Comment

Why go through all the bother of getting a new gun just to get the night sights? Buy a set of Trijicons. Any Glock armorer can install them in a few minutes and the gun will be just as accurate.
          <-------------- Is a Glock armorer, knows what he is talking about. Full time deputy sheriff since 1988, carrying a Glock since 1990.
          Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5705 users online. 397 members and 5308 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X