Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handcuffs

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Handcuffs

    I saw a podcast that claims handcuffs are easy to open and escape from. Would this really work, or is it BS? Has any LEO here ever caught someone trying to pick the cuffs, or even had someone actually escape from them? No doubt it's a good way to get yourself tazed (or worse), but it looks like a neat trick if there are off duty cops hanging out at the bar.

  • #2
    Those types of video's are out there on the internet. Many people are aware of ways to circumvent handcuffs.

    We are aware of ways to prevent those things from happening.

    Getting out of handcuffs in many jurisdictions can be construed as escape from custody..............and result in more charges.

    A terminal dose of lead poisoning might also be the result of one slipping handcuffs if you are under arrest.
    My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

    Comment


    • #3
      If police handcuffs are properly applied, only having the key will do the trick. The shim and the pick would be useless.
      \

      Comment


      • #4
        If you give a person enough time and opportunity they can get out of anything. Take just one away from that equation and the chances are very slim they can do it.
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
          If police handcuffs are properly applied, only having the key will do the trick. The shim and the pick would be useless.
          What he said.
          CHICKS DIG IT!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SRT936 View Post
            If police handcuffs are properly applied, only having the key will do the trick. The shim and the pick would be useless.
            I beg to differ............................................ ...there are many ways to circumvent handcuffs.
            Thinking differently could get an officer hurt.


            Even properly applied ones.


            Our locksmith can shim a double locked handcuff in about 30 seconds (thumbs up, palms outward).




            I had an inmate that took 5 minutes to get out of a set of hinged S&W cuffs that were applied properly. He broke his wrist doing it but he got out.
            Last edited by Iowa #1603; 11-14-2010, 08:37 AM.
            My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

            Comment


            • #7
              I just do it like this:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB2naIQYbkk

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TonyZ View Post
                but it looks like a neat trick if there are off duty cops hanging out at the bar.
                Dude you have watched far to many of the Police academy series. I'm not hanging out with any guber dude in blue who thinks doing handcuff tricks in a bar is cool
                Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

                Comment


                • #9
                  If you don't break the laws of our land, you won't have to worry about how to get out of 'cuffs.

                  But then, there enough folks out there to guarantee us plenty of job security.


                  .
                  "Yes sir, I know you have rights."
                  "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This must be our week for dumb questions, and Tony is doing the asking.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                      This must be our week for dumb questions, and Tony is doing the asking.
                      Oh, you think the questions I asked were dumb, you should hear what I really wanted to ask, but thought twice about it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                        I beg to differ............................................ ...there are many ways to circumvent handcuffs.
                        Thinking differently could get an officer hurt.


                        Even properly applied ones.


                        Our locksmith can shim a double locked handcuff in about 30 seconds (thumbs up, palms outward).




                        I had an inmate that took 5 minutes to get out of a set of hinged S&W cuffs that were applied properly. He broke his wrist doing it but he got out.
                        While it can happen, it would only happen if you somehow left your handcuffed prisoner all alone where you couldn't observe them. Thirty seconds is an eternity in observed time. If a copper can't see that their prisoner is up to something in that time period, they should probably consider another line of employment. I won't even get into 5 minutes....
                        \

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TonyZ View Post
                          Oh, you think the questions I asked were dumb, you should hear what I really wanted to ask, but thought twice about it.
                          Yeah Tony, they are pretty dumb. Thanks for sparing us the even dumber ones. You're a great American.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Uhhh, someone get the 5150 form for me ready.....I don't think his questions are dumb. I think they may be naive, but not dumb. I've always wondered what lever does what on a crane, and if I asked that question on a crane operator's forum I may be told I was asking dumb questions. I dunno....am I that far off-base?
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Smurfette
                            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                            Originally posted by DAL
                            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TonyZ View Post
                              Oh, you think the questions I asked were dumb, you should hear what I really wanted to ask, but thought twice about it.
                              Best reply ever.

                              Yes, you can get out of handcuffs. I've also seen a guy TRY and shim a set and bend the mechanism so that the cuff couldn't be released. He anti-escaped.
                              I miss you, Dave.
                              http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3534 users online. 248 members and 3286 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X