300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talked into a ticket....

SO today I was delivering the city counsel packets... and I'm driving along minding my own business, and I see this dog.....nosing around the front lawn of some house. Mind you, this area is adjacent to a walk path called "the drive". So I stop because no one is around and he's not on a leash. As I pull up.. I noticed a few people in the back yard of the house next door. So I get out and ask.. "hey, is this your dog?" The guy come walkin towards me and starts yelling at me that its his dog and that he's in controll and I have no right to come over here and give him a ticket because he's not in any violations"...

He never even gave me a chance to say what I intended to say, which was... make sure you keep him on a leash or secured in your own yard since there is no fence here. NOTE: The dog was ****ing in the neighbors yard.

I hadn't intended on giving the guy a ticket until...... he continued on his rampage and said " Give me a ticket I don't care. I'll fight it in court and tell you what... I'll Win because Im in control of my dog, cause he's in my yard."

Finally I said " But I just saw your dog in the neighbors yard."...

Again the guy screams.. he was "not in their yard and besides my neighbors dont care if he goes in their yard." and he proceeded to tell me to give him a ticket three more times...and for me to show him the law that says his dog cant do that.

after he ran out of breath, I said.. tell ya what Mr. I'll go get you your ticket and a copy of the city Ordinance that says just that.. So I did.. after getting his name and DOB... (he even lied about that too, but was soon remedied by a LOGIS check) I come back and start explaining the ticket to him and of course he came up to me and said "theres terrorists out there and you want to give ME a ticket?" I was thinking... yeah... yeah I do.

Now... was I wrong? Or did he comepletely talk himself into a ticket... Afterall, he asked for one specifically four or five times. I even told him at one point that I had no intentions of giving him a ticket and I was just letting him know he needed to keep the dog on a leash... (oh yeah and I threw in.. but you get your wish.. here's your ticket Sir.)

Give the people what they want [Wink] . I imagine you wrote a citation report documenting the encounter for use in court. We have a strict leash law in my city also...I will warn the first time (as you tried to do) but I have no problem with citing those that disregard the law. I would have written that jackass too.

Comment

I had something like that happen too. A guy was speeding, between 10 and 14 over.... I forget exactly. This was when I was working on the Indian Reservation. He was Non-Indian. I was going to give him a warning. He was ****y and told me that I better call a county car. So I did, and she wrote him a ticket.

I am sure the community oriented thing to do would have been to give him a warning. However, from what I hear, this guy wouldn't have learned a lesson and would have continued to let his dog run loose. He has done nothing wrong in his mind. I am sure he would also have told all of his buddies that you didn't have the backbone to write him.

Comment

I would of done the samething, hey if he want a ticket that badly, give'em what he want. Since there was other people around, I might of just cuffed him and save the trouble of writing the citation. Disturbing the peace! Gotta love it.

Comment

Troublemaker...

Comment

BTDT. You go girl!

Comment

Good work.

Comment

You were far too patient with this individual......

Comment

The scary thing is...people like that have kids and they grow up to be just like that.
                  He is lucky I was not there as he showed such disrespect to you; I would have slapped the hair off his butt....in true Psycho Bunny form!

BTW: I am all talk....I wouldn't hurt a fly; didnt you see that sweet Bunny look in my eyes? (SNICKER..HEE..HEE..)

Comment

Two things I always say:

1) You can't always talk yourself OUT of a ticket or out of jail, but you can damn sure always talk yourself INTO them.

2) If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough.

I hope he's tough, because he clearly has the first part covered.

Comment

IMHO - I think each and everyone of us should get the dog owner's name and address. Then we all send him a thank you for our jobs. Its people like this that keeps us employed. Just a Thought.
                      Solly

Comment

wtf does BTDT mean?

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by InSane1:
                          SO today I was delivering the city counsel packets...

you know, i think we should have had a good 2 to 3 hours on this little duty back in the academy. i've never known of an agency that didn't do this.

Comment

quote:
                            wtf does BTDT mean?

been there, done that.

Comment

quote:
                              wtf does BTDT mean?

Been There, Done That

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7334 users online. 227 members and 7107 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X