300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, what do you pros think

I am getting an FFl license so I had two ATF agents here for a visit. I thought that they were two stand up people and had no problem with them, I later posted the same on a forum and was all but booed off of it. "They are crooks, you can not trust them, don't believe anything they say, they are out to trip you up, they just wanted to see the inside of your house for a later visit, they were just snooping, etc." SINCE POLICE FORCES, OFFICERS, WORK WITH THEM FROM TIME TO TIME, WHAT IS YOUR OPINIONS OF THEM. Give me the answers and will get back to the forum boys, PRO OR CON

If I were you, I wouldn't waste my time responding to conspiracy theorists.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbob View Post
      I am getting an FFl license so I had two ATF agents here for a visit. I thought that they were two stand up people and had no problem with them, I later posted the same on a forum and was all but booed off of it. "They are crooks, you can not trust them, don't believe anything they say, they are out to trip you up, they just wanted to see the inside of your house for a later visit, they were just snooping, etc." SINCE POLICE FORCES, OFFICERS, WORK WITH THEM FROM TIME TO TIME, WHAT IS YOUR OPINIONS OF THEM. Give me the answers and will get back to the forum boys, PRO OR CON
      If it were me, I would stay clear of that Forum LOL

BATF? I liked the ones I worked with
      "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

ATF agents are cops, and people who are doing illegal things (such as selling firearms illegally) don't like cops. If you are a law-abiding citizen who follows the rules you generally don't have much to gripe about with law enforcement (except may being pulled over for a traffic violation, which ATF agents don't enforce), there's probably a story behind those that are griping.
        sigpic

Comment

"Jack Booted Thugs," that's what they were probably called.

ATF is one of the most well respected federal law enforcement agencies.

Comment

Never, ever, had a problem with BATF. Don't pay any attention to the damned conspiracy wonks.

Comment

Yep that is what I thought They seem to be interested in getting the rules right so that if someone is doing things illegally they can come back to the FFl and have you records to help find the guy. I liked the idea that if you have a question on a sale, call them and they will put you on the right track BEFORE you do it wrong. Well I am willing to just do a good job and see how it turns out in the long run

Comment

There are two kinds of ATFE agents - Regulatory (compliance) and Enforcement. You probably had regulatory agents there, wanting to ensure you understand the law and have a real 'open to the public' operation. They are the ones who will inspect your books.
                Enforcement agents are looking for crooks - if your books are in order, you will not likely meet one.
                Like all of the rest of us, they are humans, and subject to human faults. The agency did make a number of major errors, most of which were years ago. In fact at one time the agency was shut down for a month or so,so all enforcement agents could receive additional training.

Full Disclosure: My wife was an ATF enforcement agent when I met her, and even she says there are good and bad agents.
                "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2561 users online. 140 members and 2421 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X