300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 yr old ran over by cop after being tased

Okay, there have been many local protests over this, all of which are meant to criticize the officer and his actions.

The guy is obviously fleeing with the intention of getting away. When you make the decision to flee from an officer, you automatically also make the decision to put your own life at risk (as well as the officer's and other civilian's lives). Sometimes s**t just goes down like this, but the probability of this death was increased as a direct result of Victor Steen's actions.

The officer told him numerous times to stop, allowing the chase to carry on for a sufficient amount of time before resorting to the taser. It's obvious that right after the incident, the officer's actions indicate concern for the "victim", immediately calling for medical assistance as well as checking on him. No lack of compassion was shown, no hesitation in the calling for medical attention, and no foul play on the officer's part.

I have been unfairly (in my opinion) stopped and searched by officers, but I never considered running because that's just something you don't do if you value the life of yourself and others. People think that being unfairly searched and seized by the cops justifies fleeing (or so the argument has gone in this case), but I think that is totally untrue. You automatically tag yourself as the guilty when you flee, and you discredit yourself when you attempt to make your case that the cops were unfairly stopping you.

Does abuse of power happen? Yeah, sometimes, but this wasn't one of those cases. Also, even if you are a victim of an officer's abuse of power, YOU DON'T RUN. EVER. Because once you are caught, you are guilty, and you're goin' away if you make it out of the situation without injury or without death.

What do you guys think? You agree with me? Disagree? Interested to hear from ya'll....

We're already discussing this in another thread.....
    \

Comment

You seem to have answered your own question.

Comment

Originally posted by nodeal View Post

Does abuse of power happen? Yeah, sometimes, but this wasn't one of those cases. Also, even if you are a victim of an officer's abuse of power,
        nodeal, nodeal, nodeal, still spewing that "abuse of powers" tripe?
        Last edited by exComptonCop; 09-26-2010, 04:07 PM.
        "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

bad things happen when u run from da po-po
          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
            nodeal, nodeal, nodeal, still spewing that "abuse of powers" tripe?
            Hey it's not like power abuse runs rampant in LE. Also, cops in general have my support (I showed here I'm more than capable of siding with police officers). I'm just saying there are always a few bad seeds in every bunch and, in the case of LE, the one way those bad seeds expose themselves is "abuse of power", which is what this officer is wrongfully being accused of in this instance.

Come on, I can't even make a pro-LE post without being dished criticism?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4164 users online. 273 members and 3891 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X