Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexpected findings on your BI?

Howdy LEO's!

I do not have plans to apply for a career in law enforcement, but was curious about the whole background investigation process. I wanted to ask if any of you have ever seen the results from your BI, and if they discovered things which you may have mistakenly forgot to include in your application? Did they find anything that surprised you?
    John Q. Citizen

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Yes, I have seen mine; no, there was nothing I did not address when I completed the paperwork.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
      Yes, I have seen mine; no, there was nothing I did not address when I completed the paperwork.
      +1. I have seen mine, but the PHS packet is so inclusive that if I didn't put everything in there, I would have been DQ'd and never seen it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
        Yea, but your BI had to chisel the report onto stone tablets!

I saw mine too.................by accident. They normally are in a confidential file around here so the employee doesn't know exactly what the references said.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Yes, I did see it. No, there were no surprises.

Comment

Never saw it, but it couldn't have been too bad since they hired my ***.

Comment

How can there be surprises when you LIVED what is in the BI package? I know what I've done. I admitted to it. Where is the surprise?
              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I was surprised when I saw some of the cool stuff my ex-wife and her family said about me. :-)
                Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Never saw mine, but now I'm really curious...................
                  Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

I've seen yours Zeitgeist...it's very surprising LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                      Yea, but your BI had to chisel the report onto stone tablets!
                      Thought it was painted on the cave wall.
                      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Mine looked like a monkey with a crayon got a hold of it.
                        Sometimes, doing the right thing means p***ing off the bosses.

"And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee."

Originally posted by dontknowwhy
                        I still think troopers and deputies who work in the middle of no where with essentially no back up are the 'men among men' of the LEO world.
                        Originally posted by weinerdog2000
                        as far as your social experiment, if we cant film you then you cant film us, we will arrest you for obstruction of our freedom.

Comment

Whether we've seen our BI's or not, if we had info uncovered we didn't declare, we wouldn't be employed as cops as we would have been disqualified by the BI. That's how it works.
                          sigpic

Comment

Erroneous stuff can sometimes rear its ugly head, necessitating further investigation to clear things up.

Years back I did a background on a guy who grew up in Texas. Back then we didn't have live scan for fingerprints and processing them by mail through the FBI and other states took weeks. The applicant claimed to have no criminal arrest record but when I sent Texas DPS an NLETS message asking for a criminal history check, they told me a subject with the same first, middle and last names, dob, height, weight, hair and eye color had an extensive criminal history. Only upon further checking did I discover that the info they sent me was on a subject of a completely different race. Nonetheless, this held up the background for a couple of weeks while things got straightened out.

In another instance. a neighbor accused an applicant with my agency of insurance fraud. They said he reported his car as being stolen to the police and collected on his insurance when the car was never really stolen. As proof, he pointed out the "stolen" car parked in front of the applicant's house. A check of the stolen vehicle system revealed that the car had been reported as both stolen and recovered.

An interview with the applicant determined that when he purchased the car two years earlier, he removed the stock seats, wheels, stereo and other items and replaced them with high end products. The stock items were placed in storage. Whoever stole the car stripped it and when recovered, the insurance company declared it to be a salvaged vehicle. The applicant approached the insurance company and purchased the chassis back from them as a salvage vehicle. He then rebuilt it using most of the stock equipment he had in storage for the past two years and purchasing other items out of his own pocket. His insurance company substantiated his story and he had properly dated receipts for everything Checking that out probably added an extra few weeks to the background.
                            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

At the time of my background I lived on a one-way street and one of my neighbors told my BI that I drove up the wrong way once. He told me not to do that in my take home car.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5547 users online. 286 members and 5261 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X