300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interrogation and Innocense? Writer here

Hello. If anyone would could help me by answering a few questions, I'd appreciate it immensely.

I'm a writer looking for direction for a certain scene to which I've become stuck. Setting up: the character leaves their car at a beach; they are unable to drive due to bad weather, and next day a dead body is found inside the car. Never mind at the moment how they get home etc... they are innocent!

1.) If a dead body is found in an abandoned car, how would you proceed?

2.) How long would the car be kept at the crime scene before being moved and to where would it be moved?

3.) How long would it take to identify the body if say... in this case you could only identify by dental record?

More info: when the body is identified, the deceased is determined to have known the owner of the car (who remember is innocent). What happens next in the real world? Obviously, the owner of the car is a suspect...

4.) How do you determine a person is innocent? Because in my story, she has become involved in a whole string of horrible events. Basically, she's been framed.

--Is innocence determined by alibi alone? Would the suspect be held or only questioned? Could they be held only on the basis of the body in their car? How long can a person be held before released and are they only released on bond??

If anyone here could point me in the direction of a book on this subject, that would help too. I don't want to take up too much of your time, but I'd definitely appreciate any help you all can give.

Thanks so much!

Originally posted by Outshined
    Cash first, info second.
    I'll do it for 25% less than Outshined.

Comment

Watch CSI, I believe they have handled many cases similar to this
      "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

If you're a writer, try learning how to spell. Innocence. Not "innocense." Spellcheck is your friend.
        Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

1.) If a dead body is found in an abandoned car, how would you proceed?
          Depending on the amount of decomposition...I would proceed while breathing through my MOUTH, while avoiding the flies.

2.) How long would the car be kept at the crime scene before being moved and to where would it be moved?
          For as long as it takes.

3.) How long would it take to identify the body if say... in this case you could only identify by dental record?
          After 1 day of being dead, you don't need dental records to identify the body.

More info: when the body is identified, the deceased is determined to have known the owner of the car (who remember is innocent). What happens next in the real world? Obviously, the owner of the car is a suspect...
          We conduct an investigation.

4.) How do you determine a person is innocent? Because in my story, she has become involved in a whole string of horrible events. Basically, she's been framed.
          You must of missed this class. Police don't determine who is innocent or guilty, a jury does. We gather facts.

--Is innocence determined by alibi alone? Would the suspect be held or only questioned? Could they be held only on the basis of the body in their car? How long can a person be held before released and are they only released on bond??
          Omg, Really? This seems like common sense. You need to do some serious research on the justice system and what law enforcement really does...

If anyone here could point me in the direction of a book on this subject, that would help too. I don't want to take up too much of your time, but I'd definitely appreciate any help you all can give.
          Google it.
          Last edited by Michigan; 07-21-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquafarious View Post
            I'd be only too pleased to provide some assistance. Locate your nearest library or bookstore and go that way!
            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

My normal consulting fee is $500 per hour, for the first hour, and $350 for each following hour. I am, offering a special today though, and will not charge you for offering the following advice. Take another look at pulicord's post. It tells you exactly what you need to do.

Comment

As you can tell, we just love it when writers show up here to pick our brains for free.

You're not the first, and sadly, you won't be the last.
                "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Never mind at the moment how they get home etc... they are innocent!

the deceased is determined to have known the owner of the car (who remember is innocent)

thanks for wrecking the ending!! i ain't reading it now

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                    As you can tell, we just love it when writers show up here to pick our brains for free.

You're not the first, and sadly, you won't be the last.
                    How laughable. I'll point all my writer friends to this forum as I'm sure they all have plenty of questions for you.

Comment

We get A LOT of writers here....but I dont recall every seeing anything actually published by any of them. Whenever these threads pop up, I wonder about the guy secretly plotting to off his wife to run off with the babysitter

Comment

How laughable. I'll point all my writer friends to this forum as I'm sure they all have plenty of questions for you.

Soooooooo, just how many writer friends do you have.........are they friends or really just acquaintances?
                        Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
                          We get A LOT of writers here....but I dont recall every seeing anything actually published by any of them. Whenever these threads pop up, I wonder about the guy secretly plotting to off his wife to run off with the babysitter
                          bingo.

Comment

Send all you want, anytime you want. They'll get the same replies. As has been suggested, visit a library, do your own research. That way it's yours, and if your book is a success, you'll deserve the dump trucks full of money you'll make.

Comment

For books go to CRC Press. They have several books on police and forensics. Get your check book out, they are expensive.
                              Ut humiliter opinor

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2225 users online. 141 members and 2084 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X