300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing on two lane road

It I am traveling down a two lane road and the speed limit is 50mph and a car is going 40-45 miles per hour and you want to pass the car and have a straight away and dotted line. Can you only pass the car going below the speed limit only if you do not exceed the speed limit for the time it takes you to overtake the car? This theory is that once you pass the car and get back in the right lane you slow back down to the speed limit.

This is a GA. state specific question and I'm in CA, so I can't give you an accurate answer. But if I were a betting man, I would bet good money that the "sorry officer, I was doing 85mph only to overtake a slow moving car" excuse doesn't fly in GA. either. I could be wrong though...

BTW, is 45mph in a 50 that bad anywho?
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

In Colorado you can be cited for speeding if you exceed the posted speed limit even to pass a car.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
        In Colorado you can be cited for speeding if you exceed the posted speed limit even to pass a car.
        Iowa also
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

Thanks for the answers. That basically sums up my question. You cannot pass a car unnless they are going at least 10mph under the speed limit, so your not speeding when you pass them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8850 users online. 328 members and 8522 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X