300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nypd family member mini badge

My friend sent me this site where he says i can purchase mini shields to "get you away from tickets".. How is this legal, and is this even legit?

here's the link: http://www.gifts4kings.com/Items.html

They have mini shields for most of the high ranking officers as well..

Comment

Gee, somehow, I think you missed reading this:

THIS IS THE LAW AND ITS THE ONLY ONE I DEAL WITH IF YOU
      DONT LIKE IT PLEASE DONT SHOP WITH US
      THANK YOU
      The Law
      We only sell miniature badges. We do not sell any full size law
      enforcement Fire or EMS badges. Notice to all badge collectors: Federal
      Law (HR 4827, Public Law #106-547), pertaining to badge possession,
      collecting, and use went into effect on 12/19/2000. This law makes the
      shipping, possession and use of Police Fire or EMS badges and Police
      Fire or EMS badges replicas a crime if they are used for any purpose
      other than the following: (1) as a memento, or in a collection or exhibit;
      (2) for decorative purposes; (3) for a dramatic presentation, such as a
      theater, film, or television production; (4) or for any other recreational
      purpose. While this law does not apply to miniatures, it is presumed by
      Gifts4Kings Collectibles, that you will only use your mini badges and
      agency pins in a manner that is legally authorized under Federal Law
      #106-547.

Clearly, you would not be eligible for anything for sale on that site for the uses you intend.
      Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
        Gee, somehow, I think you missed reading this:

Clearly, you would not be eligible for anything for sale on that site for the uses you intend.

My friend emailed him about it, and the employee/owner of that company clearly stated that it would get him out of tickets and other traffic violations.

Comment

Years ago, I tossed quite a few of those as far out in a cow pasture as I could.

Then advised my violater to "Press hard. You are signing through five copies!."

(Replicas, "Honorary Deputy/Officer", etc. They would fly reeeeeal good.)

Those USED to be common in our part of the Country.

(And we tossed 'em with the blessing of our former Sheriff.)

Oh, but to answer the OP's question - - - suuuuure they'll get you out of tickets. Go for it.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
          "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Guess I'm going to have to start vetting the people who show mini shields now.

Comment

I got a mini shield!

It's atop ma hat.
              This is for all you parents that like to put your kids names on the back of your mini-vans.

STOP IT! There are predators that will use that information against them!

Comment

No, they will not get you out of tickets. The first thing I'll ask is who in your family is in LE. If it not a parent, or spouse your getting a ticket from me. However, I will verify that your spouse or child is a LE officer.

Comment

Originally posted by askhao View Post
                  My friend emailed him about it, and the employee/owner of that company clearly stated that it would get him out of tickets and other traffic violations.
                  That is not a definite thing. If you get pulled over for DUI/DWI, there is no way in hell that officer will let you get off. If you did something extremely stupid, it will not get you out of the ticket.

Comment

I have pulled over officers children and spouse and have let them go, and I know others have let my wife go. We then have a talk about her needing to slow the heck down. But if one of those were to flash a "fake mini badge" at me I would be kinda POed. Put a sticker on your car if you wanna be ID'd. Other wise just tell me you are the kid or spouse of so and so.
                    The Republicans need to shrug off this Christian Coalition noose it has placed around its own neck and recognize the fact that, though they may not realize it, the majority of Americans are actually quite libertarian in their philosophy. They also need to learn to fight once in a while. What a bunch of wimps.
                    -Neal Boortz

Comment

Should be interesting if i run into one of these... Person better have a good string of lies and phone number to match.......
                      "There's only two kinds of people who walk slow in this city... Us and them."

Glock 26
                      Glock 19
                      HK 45

Comment

Verified with one phone call. With PBA cards being sold on ebay and these things floating around courtesy is no longer automatic. The mini shield if given to a family member by a UMOS should accompany a signed PBA card with the appropriate shield #. Just presenting a shield dosnt mean anything.

Comment

I only verify with a call to the precinct sgt. Otherwise, minibadge and PBA card go with me and offender leaves with a USDC. If the P/O or whoever has a problem well then they can speak to me about it.
                          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Please, dear friends...let's not get into this type of discussion yet again!

Moderator, please layeth the locketh down on this here thread!
                            Went to Get a Cold Pop

Comment

Originally posted by askhao View Post
                              LOL, the only thing that will "get out of a tickety" is the cop writing it. If I saw some cop's kid flash me a badge, I'd laugh and then write them the ticket/arrest them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7663 users online. 332 members and 7331 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X