Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about officer training

Hello,

I'm looking at getting a job as an officer with a small town here in Nebraska, but at the same time I am also going to school full-time.

In this state there is only one training facility for LE, and it's a 2 hour drive from here. Once you get hired as a LEO, how does this work? Do you drive down there each day for training, or stay there over the weekdays and come back on the weekends? I'm trying to figure out if it would even be possible with school.

Thanks for your help,

Ryan

Try the Nebraska section. Academys vary from state to state. You need to talk to someone from Nebraska.

Comment

Try this website: http://www.nletc.state.ne.us/index.html .

The academy is 14 weeks long, and is normally 8 hours a day. Living two hours away, it's likely that you'd stay in the barracks there for the weekdays, and be able to return home on the weekends. I'm not sure if it's an option or not if you can go back home every night, living so far away. But anyway, if thats you're plan, I don't think you'd have time for full time school.
      An 8 hour day, with a four hour commute doesn't give you time to go to school. My advise would be to finish school then go. But if you've already been hired by an agency, and they're sending you. You'll have to put school on the back burner and you can pick it up later.
      Last edited by TC2404; 03-11-2010, 04:10 AM.
      I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, and then questions the manner by which I provide it. I'd rather you just said thank you, and went on your way!

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But I find it somewhat... distasteful. To be given credit for work that's not mine. Especially inferior work.

sigpic

Comment

Finish school first. Even if you can manage your time, it will be a uphill battle to handle both and stay on top of your grades without going insane.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
          Finish school first. Even if you can manage your time, it will be a uphill battle to handle both and stay on top of your grades without going insane.
          Do them both, I worked fulltime with my old dept while going to school many do it, you may have to enroll in online courses but its within reach.

Comment

Working full time and going to school full time is one thing, but going to the academy and working full time is another. Either do the academy first or finish school....

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6757 users online. 276 members and 6481 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
            X