300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackwater/XE/Us Training Center.

I've recently gotten the opportunity to train at the U.S. Training Center, formerly known as Blackwater USA.

In your opinion do you think it's worth it?
    Jiu-Jitsu is my life.

"Get an 45-70. It's tough and you can hunt dinosaurs with it." - M-11 -

45acp, because there is no replacement for displacement.

Comment

So true on so many levels, but I've done some research and it seems like a good place to get started.

What do you think?
      Jiu-Jitsu is my life.

Comment

hahaha I wish I knew a damn thing about em other than the propaganda crap plastered all over the news...I just thought that picture was funny and couldn't resist posting it no matter how un-helpful it was (im immature im sorry. hahaha)

Comment

It's cool, I've heard good things about ITTS, they hold classes at Angeles Shooting Range which is like 2 miles from my house.

It's just hard to find a basic pistol course to move up to advances 1,2,3 etc.
          Jiu-Jitsu is my life.

Comment

OOOPPPPSSSS I was bouncing around and lost track of where I was on the forum.... I thought I was in the General LE part...IM SORRRYYYY Ignore what I said.

IM NOT A LEO

Please don't ban me mod!!!

Comment

Great facilities, driving and shooting. We routinely train there. Don't get caught speeding on the 3 mile drive from the main gate......

Comment

Any training is good training so long as you know how to separate the good from the bad when you go to apply it.
                "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

I think they are using their publicity to try and get a little more money. So my guess it's overrated and overpriced. But again, that's a guess. I'm sure it won't hurt, but I'd try and find a comparable course that's cheaper.

Comment

It really depends. What kind of training? Is it applicable to your job? Who is paying for it? What is the cost?....

Comment

If the media hates them, they must be good.
                      Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by comradeandrew View Post
                        I've recently gotten the opportunity to train at the U.S. Training Center, formerly known as Blackwater USA.

In your opinion do you think it's worth it?
                        What will this training be used for?
                        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Its great training. It's worth the cost. Don't listen to the haters who don't know anything about BW/Xe. They only read it in the news and have no idea of what really went on.

There are many LE agencies, local, state, federal, who use it and they have no issues.

You will be well served training with them, and you can be guaranteed that it isn't the usual cop "I had a class and now I'm a trainer" BS that pops up all over the place and costs a dime.

Go have fun.
                          Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

There are many LE agencies, local, state, federal, who use it and they have no issues.
                            Give me a break. Name one federal agency that has outsources their firearms training, either their basic course, ERT course, whatever, to Xe. There are none, because the cost/benefit does not beat in-house training. There is no magical knowledge that Xe instructors have that other instructors can't learn.

Comment

Originally posted by JimSmith View Post
                              Give me a break. Name one federal agency that has outsources their firearms training, either their basic course, ERT course, whatever, to Xe. There are none, because the cost/benefit does not beat in-house training. There is no magical knowledge that Xe instructors have that other instructors can't learn.
                              When I went to the courses I took in NC.....DOJ paid for us to go.... We also had USSS SAs, AFTE SAs, USMS Deputies, a couple of OIG guys/gals, local LEOs, and a host of .mil folks there going through stuff from basic to advanced firearms training....plus a host of other stuff they teach.......

All the Instructors were prior LE, FLEOs, Special Forces, or SEALs.......with some Marines and "Regular" Army guys mixed in..... I am sure I am leaving others out....just talking about the ones I dealt with...

The training was excellent and I would highly recommend anyone that can afford it or get their agency to pay for it to go......

They not only tossed in killing paper targets, but moving targets, clearing rooms, using vehicles as cover after rolling out of them, shooting from moving vehicles, etc.... and transitioning from a pistols to a rifles.... They also helped us work on breathing, trigger control and all that other stuff to make you a better shooter.....

I went from good to very good in 5 days because that's how many rounds you put down range. Class room time is very limited....you are on the range shooing.....and putting a ton of rounds down range......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5129 users online. 307 members and 4822 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X