300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you hire someone who....

I know I may get a wide range of responses but for the officers on here who make the decisions on whether or not to hire a candidate, your input is greatly appreciated.

Would you hire me if I told you I was with an agency for a year and resigned for academic reasons. Then got rehired with the same agency and was with them for another year and a half. I went on a date with a 19 year old girl (I'm 24) and gave her a wine cooler and ended up resigning again because I received a citation for it from another agency.

I know that integrity is one of the most important parts of being an officer, and that I made a stupid choice. I, however, never lied or tried to cover it up, and was up front and honest with both the officers who gave me the citation, and the supervisors in my agency.

Is this one of those things where you would look at it and know every one makes mistakes and isn't perfect, or would this be a DQ in your book? I'm not gonna give up on being an officer, but I know that I just made it a whole lot tougher on myself. Thanks for your opinions, and I hope you all stay safe out there.
    The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

Originally posted by Michigan
    I don't want to sound gay...

But I'd do him.
    Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

My goal is to have the longest most annoying signature line ever.

Yes, DQ. You were a sworn Officer when you broke the law. You knew (or should have) known it was illegal! MIP may be a petty offense, but it raises the question of where do YOU draw the line?
    "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

You screwed up your chances as a cop twice? Why would any department give you a third chance?

Comment

Are you actually still a cop now? Sounds like you got some issues dude.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I was with a Fed agency and was unable to pass a certian portion of some post-academy training and had to resign and start over. Then ya, I screwed myself by giving this girl a wine cooler. I resigned about two weeks ago, after receiving the citation. So no, I'm not currently an LEO.
          The only thing I hear when you say anything is "blah blah blah I'm a dirty whore".

But I'd do him.
          Do you like airplanes and aviation??JOIN http://forums.officer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=20

Comment

I doubt you were an officer....anyone who is or was a cop knows that officers don't make the decision to hire anyone, even at very large agencies.

But to humor you, integrity is your only friend on a police department. Once you screw that up, it takes a lot, maybe too much in some cases, to get it back.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by Smurfette
            Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
            Originally posted by DAL
            You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Green View Post
              I was with a Fed agency and was unable to pass a certian portion of some post-academy training and had to resign and start over. Then ya, I screwed myself by giving this girl a wine cooler. I resigned about two weeks ago, after receiving the citation. So no, I'm not currently an LEO.
              Figured that much, might want to change the profile slick.

And resigning over receiving a citation, doesn't add up. Either way, best of luck. Which most likely will not be in LE.
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

I wouldn't consider your application
                called out by member SOI on 04-19-2010 and he didn't back it up..

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                  Figured that much, might want to change the profile slick.

And resigning over receiving a citation, doesn't add up. Either way, best of luck. Which most likely will not be in LE.
                  ESPECIALLY, in federal service.

Comment

Alright profile changed.

And I never claimed to be a cop. Only a former LEO with a Fed agency. Well, I have made my fair share of mistakes that's for sure. I just hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot to bad. I had quite a few co-workers and even some supervisors offer to be references and write letters of recommendation for when I put in somewhere else. One of the upper level supervisors said he was surprised to hear that the Chief was thinking about firing me, and that if this had happened in a few more months when I was off my probation I would have been fine, with maybe a day or two off. But it is what it is.

But I'd do him.

Comment

Well I will admit that I have driven after having a few beers. I realized that I didn't REALLY know if I was over the legal limit or not, and thankfully I never hurt anybody, or myself while being so stupid.

Alcohol issues = DQ.

Comment

Alright profile changed.

And I never claimed to be a cop. Only a former LEO with a Fed agency. Well, I have made my fair share of mistakes that's for sure. I just hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot to bad. I had quite a few co-workers and even some supervisors offer to be references and write letters of recommendation for when I put in somewhere else. One of the upper level supervisors said he was surprised to hear that the Chief was thinking about firing me, and that if this had happened in a few more months when I was off my probation I would have been fine, with maybe a day or two off. But it is what it is.
                        You are right, you never claimed to be a cop..."Ive never gotten a parking ticket at all, and never got a speeding ticket since becoming an LEO... until the other day that is. I never badged my way out of a traffic stop, but was always let go once the officer found out I was an LEO. They usually figured it out because right off the bat I would let them know I was carrying my "duty weapon." Then I would get "So who do you work for," The speeding ticket I got the other day was from a Photo Enforcement Zone. Cameras don't discriminate I guess, lol. "qoute by you I might add...

Anyway, still doesn't add up. Nice move chaning the profile though...

Comment

BUT, just yesterday you posted this in THE SQUAD ROOM

Ive never gotten a parking ticket at all, and never got a speeding ticket since becoming an LEO... until the other day that is. I never badged my way out of a traffic stop, but was always let go once the officer found out I was an LEO. They usually figured it out because right off the bat I would let them know I was carrying my "duty weapon." Then I would get "So who do you work for," The speeding ticket I got the other day was from a Photo Enforcement Zone. Cameras don't discriminate I guess, lol.

Thought that you had to be a LEO to post in there.

BTW, that "duty weapon" thing didn't work to get you out of this ticket?
                          Last edited by LT Dangle; 02-23-2010, 11:51 AM. Reason: Adding more fuel to the fire.... uh, proof.

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                            You are right, you never claimed to be a cop..."Ive never gotten a parking ticket at all, and never got a speeding ticket since becoming an LEO... until the other day that is. I never badged my way out of a traffic stop, but was always let go once the officer found out I was an LEO. They usually figured it out because right off the bat I would let them know I was carrying my "duty weapon." Then I would get "So who do you work for," The speeding ticket I got the other day was from a Photo Enforcement Zone. Cameras don't discriminate I guess, lol. "qoute by you I might add...

Anyway, still doesn't add up. Nice move chaning the profile though...
                            Damn you!

Comment

I resigned because the Union lawyer actually advised me he spoke with the Chief and said he was seriously considering firing me because I was a few months off of completing my two year probation. The Union lawyer told me that if I was recommended for termination I wouldn't have any way of fighting it and it would screw me over worse then by simply resigning.

I know I made a choice and now I have to live with the consequences and I am prepared to do that. I still, however, am not going to stop trying. I am going to keep putting in with different agencies till I find one willing to give me a chance, or till I'm dead, lol. I hope it's not the ladder.

But I'd do him.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4612 users online. 318 members and 4294 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X