300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record checks....

Just curious, if I went to my home town and asked to see my police record would they think I was crazy or is this common practice?

it's not all that uncommon, but there is a fee to pay for such knowlege.
    I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, and then questions the manner by which I provide it. I'd rather you just said thank you, and went on your way!

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. But I find it somewhat... distasteful. To be given credit for work that's not mine. Especially inferior work.

sigpic

Comment

We're not psychic, how would we know? We don't know where your hometown is or what's common practice there.

Say...shouldn't YOU know what you've been arrested for???
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
        We're not psychic, how would we know? We don't know where your hometown is or what's common practice there.

Say...shouldn't YOU know what you've been arrested for???
        I was more refering to traffic tickets, not sure of the dates.

Comment

ahh police records, and driving history are two different animals. at least here in OK. You go to the DMV to get your driving history.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrob33 View Post
            ahh police records, and driving history are two different animals. at least here in OK. You go to the DMV to get your driving history.
            Thank you! One more question. If you were detained would that be considered an arrest? I am applying for several LE agencies and was detained for domestic battery but not arrested. Is thus going to come back and haunt me?

Comment

Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
              Thank you! One more question. If you were detained would that be considered an arrest? I am applying for several LE agencies and was detained for domestic battery but not arrested. Is thus going to come back and haunt me?
              Normally, an arrest would be recorded on your criminal history if you are fingerprinted. A temporary detention would probably only be recorded in the police records system with the agency that detained you. Either way, be honest about the incident or it could harm your chances.
              I have the heart of a child..................................No really, it is in a jar on my desk.

Comment

Here is how you obtain a copy of your driving record in Illinois:

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/de...eabstract.html

By the way, I took the liberty of looking up your driver's license on-line. You can also:

http://www.license.shorturl.com/
                Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by PRESSHRD5COPIES View Post
                  Normally, an arrest would be recorded on your criminal history if you are fingerprinted. A temporary detention would probably only be recorded in the police records system with the agency that detained you. Either way, be honest about the incident or it could harm your chances.
                  Thank you! Should I bring it up or answer the arrest question specifically, as in no I've never been arrested or us that still considered lying? If it's not on their records should I bring it up at all? Again thanks, you guys have been really helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by PRESSHRD5COPIES View Post
                    Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                    Here is how you obtain a copy of your driving record in Illinois:

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/de...eabstract.html

By the way, I took the liberty of looking up your driver's license on-line. You can also:

http://www.license.shorturl.com/
                    . Nice....lol

Comment

Police Records

Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
                      Just curious, if I went to my home town and asked to see my police record would they think I was crazy or is this common practice?
                      You may want to go to your local court house to ask for copies of criminal records after paying a fee because the actual police department may not give them to you
                      HSI Agent Timeline-

Applied online - March and June 2011 (VRA/Public)
                      Test (New Orleans) - June 11, 2011
                      Oral Board - Oct 4, 2011
                      TO arrived Oct 26, 2011
                      e-QIP sent - Oct 28, 2011
                      Credit Check pulled Nov 4, 2011
                      Medical - Nov 8, 2011
                      PPD read and Med packet sent to CHS Nov 10, 2011
                      (2/6/2012 BI - EOD clearance granted)
                      (Med Cleared on 02/22/2012)
                      Redid entire Med Exam- early 2015
                      Received FLETC EOD date- Expected EOD on 6/14/2015

Comment

Just about every state has a public records law, entitling you to see certain public records. The problem is each agency is only required to show you those records it maintains. So if you walk into a police station and ask for your arrest record, they have no idea if you were arrested in another town or state. Similarly, they do not maintain records on every traffic citation you ever received in the country.

It is incumbent upon you to identify the appropriate custodian of records regarding for each area of concern and direct your request appropriately. Traffic tickets would go to the DMV for each state you got a ticket in. Criminal histories (fingerprinted arrests & convictions) for each state are maintained by a state agency. You will need to identify the one for your state and ask them. Individual contacts with a specific law enforcement agency will have to be addressed on a department by department basis.

Only you know who you had contact with. Start now and don't wait until the last minute.
                        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

dont you know what your "Police record" is? without looking it up?
                          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10879 users online. 373 members and 10506 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X