Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are gloves not mandatory ?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/6526/cops-...vity-at-335-am

spur of the moment.. the guy could bite your hand.. or you search him and he has a needle..

so on and so on

Why are gloves not mandatory?
    or even eye protecting goggles?

What do the Simpsons have to do with it.

I wear gloves when I see fit to wear gloves.
    It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Up to the individual officer - there's enough stuff they say I have to have, let me make some decisions - geezzz!

Next thing they'll say we all (the guys) have to wear a cup... And unless you have some of those nifty, special gloves, a needle will still get you if you make a careless search.
      LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

Blood doesn't come out. Who is going to buy me new gloves every time I get someone else's nasty blood on it.
        Airborne Cops are closer to God.
        Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

I wear what I want.

Comment

I prefer hulk hands!!
            We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Wearing gloves slows the dram, deminishes tactile input. Also, hate wearing gloves in the car, hands sweat, then when you get out in cold, they freeze, or if summer ... sweat more. I thought it best to just use gloves when the task required it and not otherwise, I just kept my hand out of their mouth. If they are that hungry, feed them an asp or 5 cell.

Gloves when on the bike ... OK.

Originally posted by ChopperCopper View Post
              Blood doesn't come out. Who is going to buy me new gloves every time I get someone else's nasty blood on it.
              You throw gloves away for that?

Wow ... I just sprayed some tubuculocidal disenfectant on them and let them air dry and the blood ... never shows.

Deer, bear, human ... it looks the same.

"That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

As sad, most gloves aren't puncture resistant.

I carry 3 pairs of latex gloves on my belt, use them when necessary. Only other time you see me with gloves is I have some reflective ones for traffic control. Got leather-like palms on them so also great for picking truck tread out of the highway.
                sigpic
                Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Is this a legit question? If I'm going to a call where I might have to go hands on then I put laytex or what ever the're made out of, gloves on.

Comment

If I perceive a need for neoprene or latex gloves then I'll wear them. I think we have a policy about wearing "surgical gloves" when searching someone, but that's not very real world because it also refers to this when conducting a "pat down." When I feel the need to pat someone down I can't think of an instance where I ever felt like I had the time (or accessibility) to apply some latex gloves.

Comment

If I'm going to a fight, domestic or other call where I think it maybe a fight situation I throw on my Oakley hardknuckle gloves.

The only time I put on latex gloves is if the scene is secure and I'm going to search someone or someone is injured and I know I'm going to be touching them.

Comment

I just wear a body condom at all times.
                        Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4768 users online. 243 members and 4525 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X