Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spike strips and suppressors

ok two questions....

how many of you have spike strips in your car? are they given to everyone or only certain units? (i know it will vary by dept)

thanks for all you guys do
    Last edited by ChiefFox; 01-26-2015, 08:27 AM.

Stingers, spike strips, etc ... here every trooper gets a device. I had the Scorpion Stinger.

Yes on the suppressor license, any officer carrying one as part of duties does so under the department's umbrella. Would really be unusual for anyone to have or need one as LEO, except you may find them on a TAC team.
    Last edited by t150vsuptpr; 01-27-2010, 12:57 PM.
    "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

I carry Stop Sticks. Love em. Only certain units in our department carry em.

Comment

all units in my agency have a set of stop sticks.

for the suppressor, if you are buying it yourself you will need to pay for your stamp, leo or not.

Comment

We have suppressors for our MP5's but they aren't really worth it. They make the gun much longer than normal, and really, that's the whole point behind a sub-gun. While they silence the gun, they do nasty things to the terminal ballistics and accuracy of the weapon outside of a few yards.

As said earlier, if you want one for yourself, you have to go through the whole BATFE process just like anyone else.
          \

Comment

Is your uncles homemade? Did he get one legally in a state where its legal to own one? why does he have it??
            Have you been watching "Assasins"?
            "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
            The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
            sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
            Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

lol crass... yes he has it legally... it was like $600 for the stamp and the silencer. anyway he is a retired state trooper so he knows what can happen if caught with something like that home made... infact i bet he is somewhere in the shadows in this forum i havent asked him if he gets on here...

this is a picture of what his looks like but i dont have a picture of HIS
              Last edited by ChiefFox; 01-28-2010, 12:09 AM.

Comment

It is not a license for a suppressor, you purchase a tax stamp once in your lifetime to own one. They have limited usefulness in LE, mostly SWAT knocking out lights. Some teams use them to reduce hearing loss if they have to shoot, but electronic muffs are cheaper, plus they amplify the sounds the suspect makes.
                "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                John Stuart Mill

Comment

why does your uncle have one???
                  "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                  The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                  sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                  Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

And why on gods green earth on a .22 of all guns

Comment

Originally posted by JKralC104 View Post
                      And why on gods green earth on a .22 of all guns
                      Taking out stray cats in the neighborhood in a stealthy manner?
                      \

Comment

There's always a lot of misconceptions about suppressors. Sleuth is right; you need a tax stamp, not a license. You either get your sheriff to sign off on the atf paperwork or you go the trust route where you don't need a signature. If the suppressor is mounted correctly, there's not necessarily a loss of accuracy; in some guns accuracy is improved. They're actually fairly common on long range rifle setups. And just because somebody has one does not mean they are an "assassin" or mall ninja. Advantages? They reduce muzzle blast, save your ears, reduce muzzle flash, and are just plain fun.

Comment

I carry a suppressor in my patrol bag to put on my pistol in case I need to do any wet work.

Comment

Shoot many rain drops? hehehe...
                            Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                              why does your uncle have one???
                              Why not??? Do you have a muffler on your car?? I have several of them, and the 22 is the best gun to suppress. They are cheap and fun to shoot.

And yes, I carry spike strips, as do all of our deputies.
                              Last edited by mooseyard; 01-30-2010, 03:57 PM.
                              "My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4035 users online. 230 members and 3805 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X