300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever seen Gman creds?

Was wondering if anyone's ever seen the "real" FBI credentials? Saw a rerun of the X-Files the other night I've always wondered if they looked anything like Mulder and Scully's. Don't tend to see too many FBI guys roaming the streets.

Actually I have, I will spare you the details of this classified story, but to make a short story even longer…I was working mall security at ******* *** Mall one Wednesday afternoon it was about Easter time if I recall, anyhow were conducting surveillance on the sunglass hut, we were setting up for a undercover buy of illegal shades from Cambodia, now given the fact that I was the lead guard that day I had exclusive jurisdiction of the entire mall property. My partner let’s call him John, was new to the job he had just graduated from the academy and was still on his MTO, anyhow Dave my partner was talking to the guy in a suit peering through my night vision devices I could see that the “guy” was flashing some type of a badge I sprang into action as this is of national security, there is no way an outside agency is going to try to take over my operation, not on my watch, I get over to where Dale was when “agent” X (can’t use his name for obvious reasons)attempted to flash his badge at me, I quickly drew my H&K sig 234, after what seemed like 60 seconds, I ordered the “agent” to the back hall so we could discuss this matter, so John the “agent” and me went to the back, and had a chat I studied the badge and credentials very carefully, that said FBI on them but I was not buying it, I then took him to the detention cell and booked him in. it was a job well done if I do say so myself, as for the operation I was conducting it was a bust, evidently the mule dropping the illegal shades off witnessed what I was doing and ran scared, not what I wanted to happen but at least I was able to prevent a bigger crime that day. So yes I have seen FBI credentials, but I am not impressed.
    Last edited by DACP; 01-04-2010, 09:10 PM.
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

BW called. They want you to take down that logo. You just embarrased the hell out of them.
      Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Yep! I have seen them. They look kind of like an oversized check book. When they open them up, there is a picture of the agent and all kinds of official writings on it. It looks official as heck.

Last edited by SgtCHP; 01-04-2010, 09:08 PM.
        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by DtotheP View Post
          Was wondering if anyone's ever seen the "real" FBI credentials? Saw a rerun of the X-Files the other night I've always wondered if they looked anything like Mulder and Scully's. Don't tend to see too many FBI guys roaming the streets.
          I have seen real FBI credentials. We have FBI agents coming into my prison frequently. They actually look very similar to our BOP credentials for officers with more than 5 years.

I was watching the show Criminal Minds, and they actually do look similar to the creds that they flash.

There is no badge in the credential case by the way, Only 2 large cards. They are larger than traditional ID's.
          Last edited by TheKansan; 01-04-2010, 10:07 PM.
          What is Perseverance?
          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

haha nice guys. Glad some entertainment came out of that.

Comment

There are a lot of impersonators out there and we don't like people to have the info to copy FBI creds.

Comment

Yeah. FBI agents run red lights, too.
                I miss you, Dave.
                http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by CruiserClass View Post
                  Yeah. FBI agents run red lights, too.
                  +100 - that's how I've seen dozens & dozens of Federal Creds... you name the Dept/Bureau and I'll bet you I've pulled them over
                  LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP BEER!

Comment

Originally posted by andy5746 View Post
                    +100 - that's how I've seen dozens & dozens of Federal Creds... you name the Dept/Bureau and I'll bet you I've pulled them over
                    +1 and in my experience they tend to not know how to relay they are otj...(not all but certainly a decent amount)

Comment

mikeymedic, yeah i understand that. Don't want anyone to think I wanted a photocopy or anything. Just curious as to if that was even remotely how the feds stuff looked. My roommate is a cop in a tiny town out here and he has a little plastic card for his dept ID.

Comment

The don't look anything like this.
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by andy5746 View Post
                          Shadow Wolves pulled them over?
                          It is not the bullet with your name on it you have to worry about it is the one that is marked to whom it may concern.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                            I have seen real FBI credentials. We have FBI agents coming into my prison frequently. They actually look very similar to our BOP credentials for officers with more than 5 years.
                            I don't think the two look anything alike, unless BOP creds have changed dramatically over the past few years.

There is no badge in the credential case by the way, Only 2 large cards. They are larger than traditional ID's.
                            The standard issue FBI creds case does have the shield mounted on the outside of the case.

Comment

TV creds never look like legitimate agent creds, so no, legitimate FBI creds do not look like they do on the X-Files. I'm a fed that has worked cases with FBI on several occasions, and I've seen their creds a handful of times. I also know for a fact that legitimate NCIS creds do not look like the ones you see on the TV show, either.
                              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4092 users online. 245 members and 3847 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X