Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen watches - advice

Hi

I am kind of in limbo now. It all started from Someone broke into my house on June 1, 2009 when I was sleeping at night and stole my rolex and Tissot watches plus money in my wallet. I filed the police report the following day and faxed it to the Rolex service center the serial number as a stolen rolex. I don't have any insurance for it and my home insurance don't cover for the lost. I live in Malden, MA

The police in my place was not really helpful. They never went to my place to look at the situation nor to investigated it or give an advices for what should I do. I tried to call for local pawn shop but they always said that I shouldn't contact them because everything pawned in their stored will be reported to police. It already been 5 months and have no any clues of it. every day since the watch is missing, I go to ebay and Craig but no luck!

I don't know what should I do to get my watch back..should I contact the police in my area again - and I believe they will just ignore me again or I should hire a private investigation. I am willing to give a reward to anyone who can find it.

Please help me - The watch is a gift from my father. It is very valuable for me. Thanks in advance

It will probably never be seen again. Here, detectives check pawn shops--I've never heard of a pawn shop calling the cops everytime they buy something.

Comment

I'm curious as to why you waited until the next day to file the report, if indeed someone broke into your house at night while you were there. Was there a forced entry?
      That's an aggravated burglary where I come from, a very serious felony where we would absolutely go and work the crime scene. Also, I've never heard of a homeowner's policy that didn't cover items taken from the home in a burglary... makes me wonder if the cops and insurance company aren't questioning the circumstances you've reported.

Comment

I have no idea they came in...I slept on the second floor when they broke my basement windows.
        I woke up in the morning and found my watch was gone! That why I filed a police reports after that morning!
        I am very disappointing with with the Malden Police department. But what can I do? I told them already...it was a very serious crime because I was sleeping during that time but they don't care.
        I called the home insurance and they not cover for burglary or theft! that what they said...only the house not inside property. I wish they cover it so they can forced a detective in the area to do more work!
        The last time I email to the chief PD. He responded to me this is not a new incident its already been filed and if I am not happy, feel free to check the local pawn shop...
        Last edited by MYH; 11-16-2009, 03:06 PM.

Comment

http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/
          Last edited by Nobody; 12-01-2009, 12:10 PM.

Comment

I have the only suggestion that will actually help you in the future. If you live the high life with Rolex and Tissot watches don't be cheap and get owners or renters insurance.

I would stop by the pawn shops every now and then and see if you spot them. Other than that there's nothing you can do.

I also just read your replies here and you have some nerve. Do you really think that in the grand scheme of things that your watches are so important to everyone else that you should be calling the Chief and making comments that the police don't care?
            Your lacking some common sense if you thought the insurance the home owner has would cover your own property. You've never heard of renters insurance?

Get renters insurance, get good locks, get an alarm system.

You also need to apologize to that Chief for thinking that your lack of responsibility to your own property means he should drop everything and start a massive watch hunt.
            Last edited by leesrt; 11-16-2009, 04:46 PM.
            Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Agreed with earlier posts....
              Agg burglary is very serious and an officer should have responded at the very least.
              A couple watches and $$$, but nothing else?? No missing computers, tvs, cell phones, checkbooks, etc....nothing??
              Maybe someone knew you and what you had, because it seems strange nothing else was missing or you didnt wake up.

I assume you keep your wallet and watches in your bedroom and not in the basement?? If so, then how did you not wake up or hear someone walking around or coming up the stairs? Im not calling you a liar just trying to get more info

You should really check with your insurance company, because your scenario does not sound right, unless you have no insurance or they dont believe you...some companies will require you buy a new watch first then they pay you...otherwise every dirtbag would report their rolex stolen to get the $$$.
              "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
              The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
              sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
              Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

It's a bit off topic but I gots ta know. Is English a second language for you?
                sigpic
                Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

In your opinion how much time should a detective devote to finding your watch? I'm assuming there is no suspect information or evidence. It's a waiting game. We can't be at your house to watch you 24/7 or make you roll up your windows on your car and lock it so people don't take stuff from your car. I can't sleep next to you or sit in your house while your at work.

Comment

It's gone!

Your only chance of recovery is if someone runs the serial number...and the info was inputed into the automated property system.

Specific items are not covered on home insurance but you can add on for items such as jewelry, art etc. Read your entire policy.

My suggestion is if you want to keep these items at home, then insure them. Also keep them locked away when they are not being worn.

Personally, I would be more concerned about someone breaking in while I was sleeping.

Hmm Rolex AND Tissot watch taken at the same time???? Not adding up here boss!
                    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
                      Glad I'm not the only one who was thinking that too. The way this was supposed to have happened just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Anyway, the primary job of the police is to arrest and build a case against the person who committed the crime. We're not a recovery agency. It's great if we can get someone's property back, and many times the recovery of property is what leads us to who committed the offense. Still, there is only so much the police can do. If the serial numbers have been entered into NCIC as stolen, it's a waiting game. If it turns up in a pawn shop, they're required to report it to the police or risk losing their license and getting charged with felonies. That's not something that they're going to risk.

What else exactly do you expect the police to do?

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post

I dont get it.....Whats up with that??
                        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Something doesn't smell right?

Maybe you should post on this forum: http://www.policeharassment.org/index.php
                          Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.
                          President Ronald Reagan

All we ask is to be let alone.
                          President Jefferson Davis

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
                            It's a bit off topic but I gots ta know. Is English a second language for you?
                            When I read it I thought I had won the Nigerian lottery againBut I agree sumthin stinks
                            Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

What doesn't smell right?
                              I didn't put my watch on the basement but 1st floor, which is a living room and I sleep in the second floor.
                              Yes, English is my second languages

Why I should apologize with chief PD? I want them to run down a serial number to pawn shop in case some one pawn it - pawn shop can report to the police.
                              I went to so many pawn shop and they just reject me - and ask me to go to police

Yeah, thats is one thing strange, they didn't steal my lcd TV and others electronics in my living room. I think it may be someone that I know. The police also said the same thing when I went there and filed a report.
                              Last edited by MYH; 11-17-2009, 05:41 AM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3887 users online. 171 members and 3716 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X