300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firefighters and guns

How do you guys feel about firefighters having guns?

Why do they need to carry firearms?
    Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Due to them getting shot at and in a big city police can be backlogged.

Scenario (based off a real life one, meaning this happened)

EMS is treating a guy for a heart attack, and it had been a domestic violence situation, but they weren't aware of this, and they just sent EMS there. Guy comes out shooting at the firefighters/paramedics.

Shooter comes out and starts shooting at them.

Comment

They aren't trained.
        They are Fire Fighters, not cops. They DO NOT have to enter any scene that is not safe, no matter what some tries to tell you. Next time you listen to the scanner, tune into the phrase "Staging at ....waiting for PD".

It is rare for FD/EMS to get shot at.

If you arm FD/EMS, they no longer have that public "neutrality trust" that allows them to function in bad areas. They become LE by carrying firearms, no matter that they are not.
        Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Ahh.. good point.

What about if it's a bad neighborhood (again, I'm using this as an example of a real life thing) where they don't like cops or firefighters.

Comment

Our EMS won't go near a scene until it is secure.

I wouldn't be opposed to trained firefighters having guns, but I will still write them tickets.
            I have the heart of a child..................................No really, it is in a jar on my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by PRESSHRD5COPIES View Post

I wouldn't be opposed to trained firefighters having guns, but I will still write them tickets.
              LOL....I see fire fighters are the same nationwide

Comment

Whats the deference between them and CCW holders or carriers? Here you dont have to have any special training to carry CCW. Perhaps a basic overview and a short course? I have bo idea how the hell they care going to carry it with all that gear though.
                Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Originally posted by PRESSHRD5COPIES View Post
                  Our EMS won't go near a scene until it is secure.

They didn't know the scene was unsecure until they look up as they're taking care of someone whos having a heart attack, and start getting shot at.

Comment

Then you run out the door.

That guy. Read my post about WHY. To add to that, the liability factor is not something that the agencies want to deal with. If it's dangerous, don't go in and call for PD back up. That's what we are there for.
                    Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

I think it is fine for them to have water pistols and maybe even water cannons. The arson investigators have real guns.

The distinction between them and an ordinary citizen who is CCW is that the city is liable when the firefighter shoots someone.
                      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Doing CPR and defending a handgun at the same time is a difficult task. Police should worry about bad guys. Fire fighters/EMS should worry about fire and sick people.

Comment

I dont care...they have 2nd Amendment rights as do other Americans. As long as theyre not felons, I dont care. Get stupid and you'll still go down like anyone else, though
                          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                            They didn't know the scene was unsecure until they look up as they're taking care of someone whos having a heart attack, and start getting shot at.
                            That's a very rare occurrence and one that will never justify FFs carrying weapons on the job. If you want to be a FF and carry a gun on the job, come work where I do. All LEOs are cross-trained as FFs.
                            I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

There are a whole bunch of you on here that need to read the 2nd amendment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3622 users online. 249 members and 3373 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X