Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Handgun ammo

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Handgun ammo

    Is it legal for a gun shop clerk to sell handgun ammo to a 21 year old knowing the 21 year old is going to give it to his 18 year old friend? I can't find the laws saying whats legal and whats not. Please post it if you know where it is?

  • #2
    Well, per:
    ""[PDF] QUICK REFERENCE TO FEDERAL FIREARMS LAWSFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
    delivering a firearm or ammunition to a person under 18, and prohibits selling ... or ammunition other than for a shotgun or rifle, to any person under 21. ... ammunition involved in or used in a violation of Federal criminal law. ...
    www.durhampolice.com/pdf/PSNFedFirearms""

    It is..

    ""VII. SELL, DELIVER OR TRANSFER TO JUVENILE
    18 U.S.C. § 922(b)(1) prohibits a Federal firearms licensee from selling or
    delivering a firearm or ammunition to a person under 18, and prohibits selling
    or delivering a firearm other than a shotgun or rifle, or ammunition other than
    for a shotgun or rifle, to any person under 21. Punishable by up to 5 years.
    18 U.S.C. § 922(x) makes it unlawful, with exceptions, to sell, deliver or
    transfer a handgun, or ammunition suitable for handguns only, to a juvenile
    (person less than 18 years of age). Punishable by up to 1 year imprisonment.""

    I do know that there is a .45 cal rifle that uses handgun ammo....a buddy and I would go hunting with it back in the day in my teens.
    "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
    The Tick

    "Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
    sanitizer

    "and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
    Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

    Comment


    • #3
      If you know this happened, print it up and show it to the FFL holder....maybe he'll give you a GREAT deal on your next purchase
      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
      The Tick

      "Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
      sanitizer

      "and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by crass cop View Post
        Well, per:
        ""[PDF] QUICK REFERENCE TO FEDERAL FIREARMS LAWSFile Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
        delivering a firearm or ammunition to a person under 18, and prohibits selling ... or ammunition other than for a shotgun or rifle, to any person under 21. ... ammunition involved in or used in a violation of Federal criminal law. ...
        www.durhampolice.com/pdf/PSNFedFirearms""

        It is..

        ""VII. SELL, DELIVER OR TRANSFER TO JUVENILE
        18 U.S.C. § 922(b)(1) prohibits a Federal firearms licensee from selling or
        delivering a firearm or ammunition to a person under 18, and prohibits selling
        or delivering a firearm other than a shotgun or rifle, or ammunition other than
        for a shotgun or rifle, to any person under 21. Punishable by up to 5 years.
        18 U.S.C. § 922(x) makes it unlawful, with exceptions, to sell, deliver or
        transfer a handgun, or ammunition suitable for handguns only, to a juvenile
        (person less than 18 years of age). Punishable by up to 1 year imprisonment.""

        I do know that there is a .45 cal rifle that uses handgun ammo....a buddy and I would go hunting with it back in the day in my teens.
        Crass Cop, so unless Im reading this wrong, I was perfectly legal in giving my 16 year old brother a Winchester lever action chambered in .357 magnum along with several boxes of .357 and .38special cartridges since Im not a FFL licensee, correct? He was legal to hunt in PA by himself at the age of 16, so I didnt see anything wrong with giving them to him. Granted both are usually pistol ammo but there are many rifles chambered in both as well so that would fall under the "or ammunition suitable for handguns only," exception right?

        Comment


        • #5
          So it is legal? By the way it was .45 ammo.

          Comment


          • #6
            To answer your question..."Is it legal..." Yes! It is legal for a gun shop to sell ammo to someone who is 21 knowing that it will be given to an 18 year old.

            The gun shop cannot control the purchases once they leave the store.
            Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

            [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for the help. The guy at the gun shop said If i bought the ammo and gave it to my 18 year old friend for his handgun, it would be like me buying beer and giving it to him. Guess he's wrong because its not illegal. I will be returning to the store with the proof. Thanks for the help

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
                I will be returning to the store with the proof. Thanks for the help
                Just let it go...............

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER View Post
                  Just let it go...............
                  I'm not going to make a special trip there just for that. Next time I'm there I will bring it up. This is not the first time this store has given out wrong information.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
                    I'm not going to make a special trip there just for that. Next time I'm there I will bring it up. This is not the first time this store has given out wrong information.
                    Dude, get over it, just go buy your ammo elsewhere, or if you insist there just get it and go.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      WELL...i cited just one portion of a long document...I do not know if he thinks he can get in trouble if he KNOWS what youre going to do....but I would think it would be like me buying a gun and telling the guy I plan to do a robbery with it or something.
                      Gun shop owners usually know the laws well, their livelihood and pocketbooks depend on it, so dont be a dik to him..he may find it unethical to sell you something that he knows you are going to give to someone who, if he sold it to, would cause him to go to prison for 5 years.
                      "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                      The Tick

                      "Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                      sanitizer

                      "and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                      Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                        WELL...i cited just one portion of a long document...I do not know if he thinks he can get in trouble if he KNOWS what youre going to do....but I would think it would be like me buying a gun and telling the guy I plan to do a robbery with it or something.
                        Gun shop owners usually know the laws well, their livelihood and pocketbooks depend on it, so dont be a dik to him..he may find it unethical to sell you something that he knows you are going to give to someone who, if he sold it to, would cause him to go to prison for 5 years.
                        yes, but its legal for me to transfer the ammo to an 18 year old. Nobody is breaking any laws.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          so dont tell him
                          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                          The Tick

                          "Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                          sanitizer

                          "and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

                          Comment

                          MR300x250 Tablet

                          Collapse

                          What's Going On

                          Collapse

                          There are currently 4334 users online. 268 members and 4066 guests.

                          Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                          Welcome Ad

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X