300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open carry vehicle

I was having an interesting discussion with a friend of mine about carrying a firearm. We we're talking about ccw permits and question came up that I couldn't answer. He doesn't have a ccw like me, but if something were to happen to me hes the one I would want to take my weapon. Hes got a clean background and all just no ccw. In a situation such as me going to the hospital would he be able to take the weapon back to my home? Since he wouldn't have the lock box or anything like that to secure it in a trunk I wasn't sure. Maybe ride in the back of a pickup under open carry? heh I honestly don't know what we would do in that situation. ><

Originally posted by Hazardsys View Post
    I was having an interesting discussion with a friend of mine about carrying a firearm. We we're talking about ccw permits and question came up that I couldn't answer. He doesn't have a ccw like me, but if something were to happen to me hes the one I would want to take my weapon. Hes got a clean background and all just no ccw. In a situation such as me going to the hospital would he be able to take the weapon back to my home? Since he wouldn't have the lock box or anything like that to secure it in a trunk I wasn't sure. Maybe ride in the back of a pickup under open carry? heh I honestly don't know what we would do in that situation. ><
    If leaving it in your car isn't an option, then I guess having your friend transport the firearm, unloaded and locked in his trunk would be the best option. Going straight to your house from the hospital. Open carry in the back of a pick up... no way.

I'd check with your local laws inregards to the transporting of a firearm by an unregistered owner.

Comment

Lol, where do you think you are driving too? Downtown Kabul?

At any rate, in case you run into an Al-Qaeda terror cell, your buddy can just unload it and put in the trunk of the car. If it's a pick-up just unload and lock the ammo in the glove box and make sure the weapon is in plain sight.

Comment

If something bad happens to you, (you wreck, or something), then I would imagine a Po-leece man/woman would arrive..
        Here, I would just take the gun to the station and let you come get it when youre all better. I would not wait around for someone to show up
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Most states have laws regarding transporting of firearms to and from the range, gun shop, hunting, etc. Look that up and follow those rules.

Most hospitals and the such are going to have lock boxes....

Comment

Maybe you should wait for a AL. LEO to respond.
            But if you were to visit or move to GA your friend could keep it any where in the vehicle loaded or unloaded.

Comment

here in Tennessee as long as he isn't intending to go armed he's fine. You don't have to have a concealed handgun permit to have a handgun, just to "go armed" Unload it, put it in the trunk maybe throw the ammo up front. Not a big deal......

Comment

Originally posted by drumm59731 View Post
                here in Tennessee as long as he isn't intending to go armed he's fine. You don't have to have a concealed handgun permit to have a handgun, just to "go armed" Unload it, put it in the trunk maybe throw the ammo up front. Not a big deal......
                Loaded or unloaded, if it's within reach in his vehicle, he can be hit with unlawfuly carry in TN. I would recommend (in TN) locked in the glove box or trunk.
                I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Provided a it went to a cop that would be fine. I was thinking more so about emergency room trips and untrained nurses trying to handle a firearm. I know for a fact that the hospital has a no weapons policy so I wasn't sure how that would play into it either. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazardsys View Post
                    Provided a it went to a cop that would be fine. I was thinking more so about emergency room trips and untrained nurses trying to handle a firearm. I know for a fact that the hospital has a no weapons policy so I wasn't sure how that would play into it either. Thanks for the replies.
                    Having worked security in a hospital, if a patient came in armed we can lock the weapon up in the safe we kept in the security office until the patient was ready to check-out or someone came to pick it up.

They won't refuse someone medical attention because they had a gun. Even if someone came in open carry for routine stuff we would simply ask them to take it to their car.

Comment

In Virginia just leave it loaded and toss it on your dashboard. As long as it doesn't discharge your good to go.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3939 users online. 184 members and 3755 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X