Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your opinion is important here (Dash Cam Video)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion is important here (Dash Cam Video)

Thanks but you guys here on the night shift are close minded. Post removed.

Thanks, Jason
    Yes
    2.27%
    No
    95.45%
    They need more training
    2.27%
    Last edited by Under the radar; 11-07-2009, 01:31 AM.

Being a former police explorer means what, exactly? One video is 3 minutes long, the other 5. What is your question for us? You were arrested, it appears, for having the OC spray. I don't know who you are, where you are in the video, who's voice is who's...what is your question and why is the video stamped not for release? What exactly is the point in all this?

You DO realize that you're not going to find your answers here. You have some bits and pieces of a video...you talk about being an ambulance chaser...you have lights and a horn...yeah, for what little bit I can see, I'm going with the Officers on this one....you're suspicious and they can detain you so long as they are still articulating PC.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Originally posted by Under the radar View Post
      What I was doing was transporting a jetski in the back of my landscape trailer. Why? Well I just bought it about 4 days earlier and it needed the carbs cleaned. The registration on the trailer was expired also. I live in the country and work in the city. So, to just make one trip I loaded it up in my trailer and moved some of my lawn equipment around for it to fit. Which I had to leave the gate just a little down so I had it strapped up. I was expecting to get stopped.

But I was not stopped. I was actually just one street over from this guys house who was going to fix my jet ski. I decided to stop outside of the neighborhood so that I would not wake up the neighbors because it was 5:20am in the morning. That is when Wylie Police drove by and saw my trailer.

When he pulled up and asked me what I was doing etc I explained. Like I said any good officer should stop my vehicle in my opinion because it does look suspicious. But at some point I felt someone needs to use common sense on the stop and realized this stuff is not stolen.

Everything was checking out and I asked to leave at one point. I said they were using up my time and I needed to get the ski dropped off and get to work. I asked this about 15 min into the stop. That is when they said well you are on our time right now. I only started recording with my cell phone about 30 min into the stop because as a former police explorer I knew this was just over the top. Everything was coming back clear and they were still pushing it. So, they just assumed everything. I don't mind them profiling me at some point but that should have been thrown out the window about 20 min into this whole thing I would think.

Please let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfcD3Dtj7G4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSwO_iPBfhM

Thanks, Jason
      Okay? The officers in your video were professional, and knowledgeable. What is the problem?

-SC
      Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
      - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
      MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
      Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
      Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
      Various Graduate Credits - UoP
      MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
      DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

It's always you and me in the middle of the night 'round here, isn't it, SC?
        sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Lol there's a reason why I put "sleepy" in my user name.

-SC
          Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
          - G. M. Trevelyan

DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

I feel a lecture coming on as to why we're wrong and he's right. I'll get the popcorn...you get the drinks?
            sigpic

Comment

Sounds wonderful, I make a mean margarita. It'll go down smooth with a "former police explorer's" self righteous, pain in the petunias, lecture.

-SC
              - G. M. Trevelyan

DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

Well the officer stopped me because I was suspicious and I was ok with that. But after they confirmed my jet ski was not stolen and a few other things they kept going on and on. They didn't believe anything I said.

Being an explorer just implies that I knew that some things were not going right. I used to ride all the time and saw all kinds of this stuff. I don't know it all but I fell it was a bad stop. Also my father was a LEO for 20 years so I knew a little.

Pepper spray not illegal in Texas. Was arrested and charged with UCW. That was the wrong charge. Then charged me with Felony 3 and charged me with a prohibited weapon. Grand Jury through it right out.

Any questions you have I will answer and your opinion is all I ask for.

Comment

This will be the second highlight of my night. I just stalked and killed a two and half inch roach in the office. I put a sticky note beside it that says, "I killed it, y'all pick it up" because I am SOOO totally NOT touching that thing. It was crawling across the top of the wall...I started by shooting rubber bands at it. I ran out of rubber bands and I suck at that, so I began throwing pencils at it. Didn't work. I found a stuff animal in the back of a closet, so I threw that. I hit it. Then when it hit the ground, I couldn't find it. 'Bout five minutes later it came out from under another Detectives desk. Then i didn't really want to step on it because its HUGE...though about a .45 round...then I'd have to do the use of force...so I dropped a crimes book on it.

It's dead.

Confirmed kill.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well the officer stopped me because I was suspicious and I was ok with that. But after they confirmed my jet ski was not stolen and a few other things they kept going on and on. They didn't believe anything I said.

Being an explorer just implies that I knew that some things were not going right. I used to ride all the time and saw all kinds of this stuff. I don't know it all but I fell it was a bad stop. Also my father was a LEO for 20 years so I knew a little.

Pepper spray not illegal in Texas. Was arrested and charged with UCW. That was the wrong charge. Then charged me with Felony 3 and charged me with a prohibited weapon. Grand Jury through it right out.

Any questions you have I will answer and your opinion is all I ask for.
                    Being an explorer doesn't mean jack. Just because you went to some meetings, and did a few ride outs, doesn't qualify you to be able to determine the validity of a stop or search.

It is permissible to possess a "small chemical dispenser sold commercially for personal protection". 10 Texas Penal Code Section 46.01 (14).
                    Notice that the above mentions that a "small" chemical dispenser. "Small" refers to key chain sized amounts, not "police grade pepper spray", which was mentioned by the officers in your video multiple times.

Sorry, but it was a good stop and arrest.

-SC
                    - G. M. Trevelyan

DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
                      This will be the second highlight of my night. I just stalked and killed a two and half inch roach in the office. I put a sticky note beside it that says, "I killed it, y'all pick it up" because I am SOOO totally NOT touching that thing. It was crawling across the top of the wall...I started by shooting rubber bands at it. I ran out of rubber bands and I suck at that, so I began throwing pencils at it. Didn't work. I found a stuff animal in the back of a closet, so I threw that. I hit it. Then when it hit the ground, I couldn't find it. 'Bout five minutes later it came out from under another Detectives desk. Then i didn't really want to step on it because its HUGE...though about a .45 round...then I'd have to do the use of force...so I dropped a crimes book on it.

It's dead.

Confirmed kill.
                      LOL You should carry a K-Bar to do your roach slayings... Less mess and you get the satisfaction of knowing all that money you spent was for a good use.

-SC
                      - G. M. Trevelyan

DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

And?

You know nothing because you were an explorer. Also, congrats to your Daddy, but you don't get knowledge by proxy.

I know this is dedundant, but....and? If you think the grand jury THROWING (threw, not through) it out means somehow the Officers were unprofessional then you're wrong.
                        sigpic

Comment

I watched your video and it was a waste of 3mins of my life that I'll never get back. Thanks a lot!! I don't understand what your beef is either. The officers were professional and arrested you for possession of the OC. It's 5:30 in the morning and you have lawnmowers and a jet-ski in the back of the trailer. I'd be having a serious sit down with my officers if they didn't stop you.
                          "Lay there and bleed awhile before you feel some real pain."

"Have a cup of coffee, a pall mall, and relax!"

Comment

There you go...three for three Jason.

We just don't understand, do we.

I am fascinated by the lights and "horn" you have on your vehicle, though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey Sarge048, welcome to the night troll watch.

-SC
                              - G. M. Trevelyan

DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5290 users online. 262 members and 5028 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X