300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Background Checks?

When going for a position or to enter the academy, and they check your backgrounds, medical, banking accounts all that stuff, if I had a speeding ticket that was thrown out, does it come up as being thrown out or is it not there? I know they see everything so Im just curious.

Thanks guys!

Generally it will just show up on a drivers history as being dismissed if that was the case.

Comment

So Im sure that still will be questioned correct?

Comment

Just tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may.

If you lie and get caught you'll be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
          Just tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may.

If you lie and get caught you'll be sorry.
          Agreed^^^ And yes.. they will still want answers concerning the citation. Make sure you document it in your packet.

Comment

Yeah I wasnt planning on lieing whether it showed up or not. That was irrelevant. But I was just curious.

Thank you for the responses!

Comment

wait, so you have to list tickets that were thrown out? If it's not on my driving record I can't remember all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Yea_Buddy View Post
                wait, so you have to list tickets that were thrown out? If it's not on my driving record I can't remember all of them.
                You were cited weren't you?? And generally the driving record I pull and the one you can have run on yourself may be different. If you have had so many that you can't remember then that is a problem all in itself..

Comment

I was going to say a single ticket isn't going to be a big deal, but it sounds like you've had many tickets.

Comment

Ive had one talked down and one thrown out. Thats it.

Comment

Don't stress it. Just tell the truth and you will be fine. Lying will end your career before it even starts.

Comment

Lying comes up quite a bit on these forums, are people seriously that stupid thinking that in order to get into one of the most honest jobs you must lie to get there?

Comment

I have NEVER known a person to get DQ'd for having a traffic ticket. I've never even heard of somebody at my agency being so much as QUESTIONED about a ticket they've gotten.

I have seen people DQ'd for multiple tickets in a recent time span, or for failure to pay said tickets.

If you've got ONE ticket on your record, even if it was a week before the interview, i'm sure you'll be fine at just about every agency.
                          Originally posted by K40
                          To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                          ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn58 View Post
                            Lying comes up quite a bit on these forums, are people seriously that stupid thinking that in order to get into one of the most honest jobs you must lie to get there?
                            Yes, they are on occasion. Dont sweat your ticket, just disclose it if asked. Best of luck!
                            "I am... reminded of something Cardinal Wolsey once told me. That I should only ever tell the king what he ought to do, not what he could do; for if the lion knows his own strength, no man could control him". Sir Thomas More

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2853 users online. 157 members and 2696 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X