300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pros and cons of being a cop:

There have been a bunch of questions about people who are on the fence about LE work. They ask us what we think, sometimes ignore us, or argue about what we think.

Here is a Con:

If you are a cop, you might get shot in the head while sitting in your car teaching someone how to do a simple traffic stop.

Here is another:

You may be called to go to a gunfight against an opponent like the deceased shooter at Fort Hood.

Stop asking silly questions and look at your world.

M-11
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Pro

For Officers in smaller Depts and communities:

You are well respected by your community and community leaders, they expect you to know each citizen by name and handle any problems they report to you, yet...........

Con

Everything you do is scrutinized by these same people who respect you, you screw up and they will cut your throat and bury you under the pecan tree!

Comment

At least you get a tree.

they just throw us in the ditch...

M-11
      “All men dream...... But not equally..
      Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
      but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
      for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Pro - - - you get to drive cool cars really fast.

Con - - - the idiots (errrrr, people) you have to deal with every day.

"Yes sir, I know you have rights."
        "In fact, I know your rights better than you do!"

Comment

Pro-FREE DOUGHNUTS

Con-"ask a cop"

Comment

They give you a car, a full tank of gas, and let you screw with people for 8-10 hours. It doesn't get any better...heheheh

Comment

At least you get a tree.

they just throw us in the ditch
              or under a bus
              sigpic

Comment

let you screw with people for 8-10 hours
                thats DEFINATELY a pro.
                One thing this profession has taught me is that 99% of the population are *********s.
                sigpic

Comment

my wife called me the most cynical person she ever met...not cynical, just a realist; I know what I have to deal-all the freaking time...con

pro- everybody thinks I'm a grumpy old bastich and they leave me alone...
                  It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
                  Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Pro - Every day is different.

Con - Most people dont like you and will never understand this job no matter how many times you explain it to them.

Comment

Con- My wife's friends have asked her if I actually exist, because I am never around since I work midnights and pickup as much extra duty as I can to make extra money.

Pro- I get to be the PO-lice
                      I enjoy life on the dirtroad

Comment

Pros: 20 and out!
                        Cons: Pretty much all else!

Comment

Pro...every single day is different and I never know what to expect.

Con...every single day is different and I never know what to expect.

Comment

PRO:I get to carry a gun anywhere at anytime. I'll retire before I am 50 with a pension and full health bennies. I get a shinny badge.

CON: People.
                            Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Pro: issued a take-home 4x4 truck, so put maybe 3K/yr on my personal vehicle

Con: everyone thinks if the agency truck is in my driveway on a week day, I'm goofing off on the clock at home (I'm the one who gets paid to work, not the truck - and somehow no one notices when it is gone all night long or over the weekend and/or holidays)

Pro: could probably retire on stock dividends for Flitz & Brasso & black Lincoln paste

Con: the need to have Flitz & Brasso & black Lincoln paste
                              The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2029 users online. 137 members and 1892 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X