300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ Police Certification Transfer

My job is being BRAC'd (moved) to MD in 2011. My fiance has an active police certification from the Ocean County Police Acadmy (NJ).

I was wondering if anyone knows if he can transfer his certification from NJ to maybe MD or DE and obtain a job within one of those states without having to redo an academy.

He would be up for taking a partial academy or training program, but does not want to go through another 6 month academy.

Any information on Police Certification transfers to municipality, county or state police in MD or DE would be greatly appreciated.
    USSS 1811 SA Process
    07/09 - Applied
    10/09 - Scheduled TEA
    11/09 - TEA Exam
    12/09 - Initial
    12/09 - COE
    03/10 - Panel

FAM Process
    Referred for selection...waiting

NCIS 1811 SA Process
    01/10 - Applied

Im assuming your @ Monmouth? Your better half should not have any problems transferring his PTC to either DE or MD. For DE, he just needs to find an agency that is hiring and is willing to put in a package to the DE council on police training. MD not sure but tell him to look at some of the agencies who do laterals.

Also since Iam assuming your going to APG, look at agencies in PA since parts of PA are no more than 20-30 minute drive.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Yes I am from nj and I will be going to Aberdeen. I have been trying on my end to stay in NJ, as you can see by my application status. But I am thinking more and more that I want to stay at my current job.

If you know of any departments that accept laterals please let me know,
      Last edited by williamske; 11-05-2009, 09:08 AM.
      USSS 1811 SA Process
      07/09 - Applied
      10/09 - Scheduled TEA
      11/09 - TEA Exam
      12/09 - Initial
      12/09 - COE
      03/10 - Panel

FAM Process
      Referred for selection...waiting

NCIS 1811 SA Process
      01/10 - Applied

Comment

Originally posted by williamske View Post
        Yes I am from nj and I will be going to Aberdeen. I have been trying on my end to stay in NJ, as you can see by my application status. But I am thinking more and more that I want to stay at my current job.

If you know of any departments that accept laterals please let me know,
        Ultimately he will need to search Delaware on his own. Most of the departments are small.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4941 users online. 277 members and 4664 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X