300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions of Online CJ degrees.

I was just wondering if anyone has experience with CJ online classes. If so, how did you feel about them. Any advice on it? I am planning on taking some classes but wanted to get info on it first.
    Albany PD Written Exam 11/11/09 -Awaiting Results.

Rensselaer County C.O Written -Passed.
    Rensselaer County C.O Agility -Passed.
    Rensselaer County C.O Interview -Waiting.

I received my final CJ degree from an online program. I obtained it several years ago when online courses were really just starting. The classes required a bit more studying than the tradition classes I took, but I walked out knowing more of the book, than any of the classroom courses I took.

Personally it was a good course, but since I won't use most of the theories I learned in school for many years the schooling was a bit useless. The theories will be outdated or replaced by the time I'm in a position to use any of it. I had issues with some of the ideas I had to learn as I saw they were being implemented in the real world and weren't working as well as being reported in the classes, but that is more of a subject issue than the quality of instruction.

If you choose to go this route look for a good bricks and mortar school that has an online program. The instruction will be the same as the classroom courses. Also make sure the college is regionally accredited.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by MRG_90 View Post
        I was just wondering if anyone has experience with CJ online classes. If so, how did you feel about them. Any advice on it? I am planning on taking some classes but wanted to get info on it first.
        Whether you get a degree in CJ or business, online or on ground, the #1 issue on whether it is a quality degree that employers will recognize is whether it is properly accredited. If your degree's accreditation is not recognized by the U.S. Dept of Education, good luck getting a job with it.

You can determine if your college (online or otherwise) is accredited by a council recognized by the USDoEd by using this database: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/
        sigpic

Comment

Yes, I plan on taking classes with Hudson Valley Community College.

Comment

A lot of traditional schools are embracing on-line technology. They have figured out that a lot of people want degrees but can't do the normal college kid routine. I took a couple of online classes before. You really have to be self disciplined in order to get your work done. For your purpose, a regionally accredited degree is a regionally accredited degree.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6035 users online. 365 members and 5670 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X