X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-11
    replied
    Ateamer,

So you going to just knock a cop down on his *** and that's totallly justified in your mind? Riiiight. Love to see that one go down. I'll take pics while they dogpile on you and play catch up.
    so in your mind if ANY citizen feels the cop is doing something wrong to them, it is acceptable for that citizen to take whatever action they feel is necessary to end their interaction with the cop?

interesting, heckuva precedent
    Great job guys, you have proven yourselves to be completely without a sense of humor.

You are ready for the Big leagues.

Report to the Politics section.

M-11

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
    Were you physically "detained" or were you "stopped?"
    Whats the difference. According to him, he was still not allowed to go about his business.

Actual stop, constructive stop, physical stop, detainment. All the same thing, detainment until investigation is complete.

If its true, its a shame he went through that.

Like everything else in life, there are always 3 sides to every story.

Leave a comment:

• northman
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
    I don't know enough about the difference to provide a meaningful answer.

Leave a comment:

• CruiserClass
    replied
    Originally posted by northman View Post
    I wasn't pulling a Gates.
    That's awesome.

Anyway, if the story really played out that way, I'd guess one of the other officers may have addressed it after the fact.

Leave a comment:

• CruiserClass
    replied
    Originally posted by Nobody View Post
    so in your mind if ANY citizen feels the cop is doing something wrong to them, it is acceptable for that citizen to take whatever action they feel is necessary to end their interaction with the cop?

interesting, heckuva precedent
    Guys, I think ateamer is talking about taking lumps from your fellow officers. You've never busted someone's chops over something 'tarded they did on a run?

I'm pretty sure he's not literally talking about knocking someone down, and I'm 100% positive he's talking about your partners, not the suspect.

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ArkansasFan24
    replied
    IF this were all true then you live in an area covered by perhaps the most stupid P.D. in the country and you should make a written complaint about it all.

IF it's not all true then figure out what part is, and go with your gut.

Leave a comment:

• northman
    replied
    I called the station back home and talked to the supervisor on duty. He said that there was no report filed for the incident because no official action was taken. The call log shows a call for suspicious teenagers being let out of a car down my street. It shows the three units responding. Two are listed as searching the area and the third as being on a ~35 minute "community communication/outreach interaction" at my address. The supervisor said that this typically translates a community policing conversation about a quality of life issue like traffic or neighborhood crime. He didn't want to say anything without first talking to the officers involved, but was confused why the officers (I said) were at my house were listed as searching. It was also "very long and a lot of people" for the code listed and that "I'm unclear why arrest would be mentioned under this code." He said he was going to call my neighbor to get his impression of the incident.

I told him it wasn't a big deal, but that I just wanted it documented. He said that he's going to call me back later in the week when he's had a chance to look into it. So that's all I'm going to do.
    Last edited by northman; 11-04-2009, 11:01 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• epd21
    replied
    Thanks for the war story. leesrt. People just don't get it sometimes. They think we are 'inconveniencing' them (temporarily in most cases) simply for our pleasure when, in reality, we are getting the job done and keeping them safe in the process. Stay safe, bro!!
    Last edited by epd21; 11-04-2009, 09:25 AM. Reason: didn't look right.

Leave a comment:

• Nobody
    replied
    http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/
    Last edited by Nobody; 12-01-2009, 12:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
    Ateamer,

So you going to just knock a cop down on his *** and that's totallly justified in your mind? Riiiight. Love to see that one go down. I'll take pics while they dogpile on you and play catch up.
    IF it happened like the OP claims, IF, you bet I would. I'd take my lumps, too, as it would be sure to follow. Any officer who has been out of the academy for about five minutes would be able to figure out if the person in question actually lived there and if the car belonged to him.

Leave a comment:

• crass cop
    replied
    I agree with PTL COP and LEESRT.....
    You should make a trip into the station and have a converstaion with the watch commander...the longer you delay it, the less credible you will be.
    You were stopped and interviewed for a reason...as leesrt advised, it was probably because you fit a description..thats how cops catch people.
    As Ptlcop advised, turn around and put your hands behind your back...get arrested for "tresspassing", (you usually need a victim for that...which would be you).
    I would say he was bluffing to either save face somehow or trying to get you to talk about something he thought you had info on.....either way it lasted way too long and bluffs are BS..either do it or dont.

Make the trip and speak to someone and let them know that you were 1 pair of handcuffs away from suing the pants off and you should get a big "I'm sorry" from the dept.
    Dont be a dik about it though...be concerned, but not rude...you will get so much farther.
    Its situations and egos like this that kill OUR reputation and "good name", sounds like you did everything you could possibly do to be compliant and offer proof of your "innocence"........IF this story is the truth the whole truth and nothing but

Leave a comment:

• northman
    replied
    Originally posted by leesrt View Post
    I would assume you fit a description or profile of someone who has been doing some burglaries in your area.
    I think what inflamed the situation was your answers and comments. You don't need to tell the officers what they should do next. I'm sure your comments here are watered down from the way you really said to them so you probably came across as a wise ass.

In the future I would just be quiet and stick to answering questions.

Let me give you an example of something that happened to me.

We were in foot pursuit of a subject and I ran behind a house to cut him off. As I came around the back yard and another guy comes out with a beer in his hand an preceded to order me off his property because I was waking his wife up. I advised him that we're in pursuit of a subject and that he needs to go inside for his safety. He tells me the hell I am, this is my property and you don't tell me what to do.
    I turned to him this time and ordered him to go inside his house or he will be arrested for obstructing an officer. He stepped toward me in a challenging posture so I arm locked him, put him on his wall, and cuffed him. In the process his beer spilled all over my shirt so that wasn't to cool.
    Long story short he spent the night in jail and had a $800 fine.

Now if he were posting in this forum how do you think his version of the incident would sound?

This is why most won't comment because we only heard your version.
    I'll admit that it was a mistake to try to tell anyone how to do their job. That, however, was at the end of the interaction.

I work in a bank and have to report any kind of arrest (we have ongoing background checks -- I'm late on a MasterCard bill and it's an issue). Any theft charges would make me DOA. So I felt the additional stress of my livelihood being threatened. Not an excuse, but that's not something you want to face for no reason.

Leave a comment:

• leesrt
    replied
    I would assume you fit a description or profile of someone who has been doing some burglaries in your area.
    I think what inflamed the situation was your answers and comments. You don't need to tell the officers what they should do next. I'm sure your comments here are watered down from the way you really said to them so you probably came across as a wise ass.

In the future I would just be quiet and stick to answering questions.

Let me give you an example of something that happened to me.

We were in foot pursuit of a subject and I ran behind a house to cut him off. As I came around the back yard and another guy comes out with a beer in his hand an preceded to order me off his property because I was waking his wife up. I advised him that we're in pursuit of a subject and that he needs to go inside for his safety. He tells me the hell I am, this is my property and you don't tell me what to do.
    I turned to him this time and ordered him to go inside his house or he will be arrested for obstructing an officer. He stepped toward me in a challenging posture so I arm locked him, put him on his wall, and cuffed him. In the process his beer spilled all over my shirt so that wasn't to cool.
    Long story short he spent the night in jail and had a $800 fine.

Now if he were posting in this forum how do you think his version of the incident would sound?

This is why most won't comment because we only heard your version.

Leave a comment:

• District B 13
    replied
    Ateamer,

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3916 users online. 234 members and 3682 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X