Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called the station back home and talked to the supervisor on duty. He said that there was no report filed for the incident because no official action was taken. The call log shows a call for suspicious teenagers being let out of a car down my street. It shows the three units responding. Two are listed as searching the area and the third as being on a ~35 minute "community communication/outreach interaction" at my address. The supervisor said that this typically translates a community policing conversation about a quality of life issue like traffic or neighborhood crime. He didn't want to say anything without first talking to the officers involved, but was confused why the officers (I said) were at my house were listed as searching. It was also "very long and a lot of people" for the code listed and that "I'm unclear why arrest would be mentioned under this code." He said he was going to call my neighbor to get his impression of the incident.

I told him it wasn't a big deal, but that I just wanted it documented. He said that he's going to call me back later in the week when he's had a chance to look into it. So that's all I'm going to do.
    Last edited by northman; 11-04-2009, 10:01 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

IF this were all true then you live in an area covered by perhaps the most stupid P.D. in the country and you should make a written complaint about it all.

IF it's not all true then figure out what part is, and go with your gut.

Comment

Were you physically "detained" or were you "stopped?"

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody View Post
          so in your mind if ANY citizen feels the cop is doing something wrong to them, it is acceptable for that citizen to take whatever action they feel is necessary to end their interaction with the cop?

interesting, heckuva precedent
          Guys, I think ateamer is talking about taking lumps from your fellow officers. You've never busted someone's chops over something 'tarded they did on a run?

I'm pretty sure he's not literally talking about knocking someone down, and I'm 100% positive he's talking about your partners, not the suspect.
          I miss you, Dave.
          http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by northman View Post
            I wasn't pulling a Gates.
            That's awesome.

Anyway, if the story really played out that way, I'd guess one of the other officers may have addressed it after the fact.
            I miss you, Dave.
            http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
              I don't know enough about the difference to provide a meaningful answer.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
                Whats the difference. According to him, he was still not allowed to go about his business.

Actual stop, constructive stop, physical stop, detainment. All the same thing, detainment until investigation is complete.

If its true, its a shame he went through that.

Like everything else in life, there are always 3 sides to every story.
                Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Ateamer,

So you going to just knock a cop down on his *** and that's totallly justified in your mind? Riiiight. Love to see that one go down. I'll take pics while they dogpile on you and play catch up.
                  so in your mind if ANY citizen feels the cop is doing something wrong to them, it is acceptable for that citizen to take whatever action they feel is necessary to end their interaction with the cop?

interesting, heckuva precedent
                  Great job guys, you have proven yourselves to be completely without a sense of humor.

You are ready for the Big leagues.

Report to the Politics section.

M-11
                  “All men dream...... But not equally..
                  Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                  but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                  for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6645 users online. 354 members and 6291 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X