Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

depends what you want to do.......i think CJ is good if your planning on getting a law degree....

if you want to be a cop, you'll need credits, and CJ will fill the criteria...however its not going to help you get a job in LE so i always advise against a CJ degree....credits are credits so might as well get a degree in something you can use other places

I took CJ because i found it easy, luckily i ended up becoming interested in LE, so it worked out....helped in the academy too, because it was all stuff i had seen before

Comment

Ok, let me throw this one at you guys. I have a BA in Administration of Justice and a minor in Psychology. I also have 4 years active duty military experience, but my GPA is nothing spectacular its like a 2.4. Am I in trouble, does that mean my degree is worth less than someone who has no experience but has a 3.0??? Some insight would be great, thanks.

Comment

My sister is a dentist, she says Med School was worthless, she really learned everything during her internship when she was done!

My cousin is a Lawyer, he said law school was worthless, he didnt learn anything about the law til he worked at his company for a few years!

So and so cop, said a CJ degree is worthless, he didn't learn anything til he went to the acadamy and was done with FTO!

Notice a trend? The first two are ture and the third one is true with a lot of people who are cops. Bottom line is NO DEGREE really prepares you any better for the world and the job your doing, it just gives you a small foundation to build off of. Remember though any degree has its benifits and nowadays most federal and state jobs just require A DEGREE not a specific one. And as always real world experience seems to trump academic experience any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rd_the_Herd View Post
          Ok, let me throw this one at you guys. I have a BA in Administration of Justice and a minor in Psychology. I also have 4 years active duty military experience, but my GPA is nothing spectacular its like a 2.4. Am I in trouble, does that mean my degree is worth less than someone who has no experience but has a 3.0??? Some insight would be great, thanks.
          Experience will always be better than a GPA. A GPA tells someone that you know how to retain information and repeat it, but being out in the work force with related experience is something you don't learn in school.
          I finished with around a 2.7 GPA, hardly impressive. I applied for the Secret Service and they called me and had me filling out paperwork. It wasn't because of my GPA, it was because I had been investigating check fraud for 2 years at a retailer. For some reason I told them I was going to try local policing for a few years, starting to think that was a dumb decision.

Originally posted by Paul554 View Post
          So and so cop, said a CJ degree is worthless, he didn't learn anything til he went to the acadamy and was done with FTO!
          Very true. My CJUS degree didn't prepare me for being a police officer. I learned most of it during FTO and academy law classes. Get your degree in something else that you enjoy!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5562 users online. 328 members and 5234 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X