300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first few weeks

Were you shocked at seeing societies underbelly ? Did it have a profound effect on you for those first few weeks ?

I remember reading about a very senior & decorated London detective with 25 years of experience. He recalled during his first few days as a new young officer he cried himself to sleep every night at the shock of seeing the worst of society and the way people live.

I wonder if this is more of a question for those who grew up before internet and show all 24 hour news. These days most people with a tv & the internet have seen and learned about the most appalling things. Although even then it must be different when you're face to face with it.

I never had to cry myself to sleep; seeing the things I've seen only makes me more thankful that my life turned out as well as it did. I prefer to watch and learn from the mistakes of others.
    There are terrible things that go on in this World, but we have to take it in stride and try to make this a better place.
    “Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunc View Post
      I never had to cry myself to sleep; seeing the things I've seen only makes me more thankful that my life turned out as well as it did. I prefer to watch and learn from the mistakes of others.
      There are terrible things that go on in this World, but we have to take it in stride and try to make this a better place.
      +1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2951 users online. 160 members and 2791 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X