Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40 . . . 41 now. Never could have done it as effectively as I do now at any earlier age. It was the right time for me.

Comment

21 here....

Comment

love how people are posting how much school they have even though that wasn't the question

Comment

I started as a reserve (non-sworn) at 19, got sworn in at 25!
          "It's a long way from the Supreme Court to the streets." -F.Y.
          "Saw drunk, arrested same." -Buck

Comment

I started as a corrections officer at 20 which also counted as a year towards my police retirement. As soon as I become 21 I got lucky and was hired on at a Police department.

Comment

47 at start of Reserve LEO, attended Academy, graduated at 48, 56 and still at it full time street patrol...
              law dog

Comment

Will be attending the academy in January at 51. Mid life crisis.

Comment

I started out in the reserves when I was 23yo and started full time 1 year later.. And I still love the job 6 years later!

Comment

Fitdad, just remember one of my motto's:

"Old age and treachery can overcome youth and skill!"
                    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                    John Stuart Mill

Comment

Started School at 38, Sworn at 39...

Comment

Graduated the Academy at age 52. I'm 53 and working as a Reserve, and loving it! Wish I would of done it earlier, and gone full time!

Comment

Started at 25. Woulda been sooner, but I do everything the hard way. Have 11 years in now and 14 to go. Glad I started at 25, cause we have hired a few at 18 and 19, who are just waaaaaay to inmature for the job. Not saying all that age are, but a couple came right outta high school, barely made it through the academy and had several alcohol related dicipline issues within the first year of being hired. Many NEVER had a real job before getting hired.

Ya need life experience before getting into this field. It is an awesome responsibility, one that most can"t handle at such a young age.
                          Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
                            Fitdad, just remember one of my motto's:

"Old age and treachery can overcome youth and skill!"
                            Thinking about getting in a tattoo

Comment

Originally posted by scarney View Post
                              Graduated the Academy at age 52. I'm 53 and working as a Reserve, and loving it! Wish I would of done it earlier, and gone full time!
                              You are now my hero!

Comment

After 6 months of folding clothes at Goody's, jailer at 26, patrol at 27.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5760 users online. 352 members and 5408 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X