Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 and it will be 21 years on in Feb.
    Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    Albert Einstein

Comment

27, with Bachelor's and Master's degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by damode1985 View Post
        Still got friends that the only worry in the world they have is what they are going to do this upcoming weekend.

Many of them are in grad school by now going to parties, enjoying life, and stressing over essays while im humping calls, taking bs from the public, and trying to finish my freaking bachelors because i felt compelled to apply early before i finished school.

Im sure later in life, everything will even out, but early 20's are the prime time "fun" years, or so they say. I really dont think they should be spent doing the job and babysitting society.

Still, i love this job, and i got no regrets, but i would just like to warn the others.
        I'm gonna have to disagree with parts of this. I found college to be MUCH more stressful than working as an officer. Essays and tests can stress you out for days and weeks. Going to calls and taking BS from the public I don't find stressful at all. I'm getting paid to be there and after I leave I don't have to deal with it ever again. If you are really stressing out over answering some BS calls while you are working then you may want to re-evaluate your personality for the job.

Sounds to me like you are stressing more over finishing your bachelors than working as an officer. Which I will grant you it sucks working and going to school at the same time, but it's your decision to continue your education and doesn't really have any effect with how old you were when you got into LE.

Oh and to answer the question I was 23 when I started as a LEO.

Comment

I started as a Fed straight out of college at 23, retired after 27 years.
          "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
          John Stuart Mill

Comment

26...Perfect timing...As someone said above, I sewed my wild oats, I'm ready to start a family, and I love what I do. I hope to do this forever.

Comment

29, tough job market in MN. Been doing it for over 10 years now.

Comment

21 with an associates and bachelors.

Comment

Comment

22 years old with almost 22 years in. I would have to agree that college life is more stressful than police work. I'm working on my Master's and stress more about assignments than stuff at work.

Comment

I guess I'm the Old Man, came on at 38, and now have 19 years on. Doubledipping with my Navy retirement.

Comment

made it to the academy two months before my 22nd bday

Comment

28 and loving every minute of it.
                          Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle. - Gordon Graham

Comment

26, w/B.S. and three prior seasonal assignments w/same agency (while in college and less than 6 months each so they don't count towards retirement vestment)

Will be eligible for 50% plus medical at 46 (2 years, 5 months, 24 days from now - but who's counting?) but may hang around just to enjoy the "every day is a Friday" feeling.
                            The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

36, after 18 years of bartending, auto mechanic, over-the-road trucker and trucking business owner.
                              "My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Comment

28 years old when I got hired.
                                The only time you can have too much ammunition is when you're swimming or on fire

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4142 users online. 289 members and 3853 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X