Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CO at 21, LEO at 25
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Still got friends that the only worry in the world they have is what they are going to do this upcoming weekend.

Many of them are in grad school by now going to parties, enjoying life, and stressing over essays while im humping calls, taking bs from the public, and trying to finish my freaking bachelors because i felt compelled to apply early before i finished school.

Im sure later in life, everything will even out, but early 20's are the prime time "fun" years, or so they say. I really dont think they should be spent doing the job and babysitting society.

Still, i love this job, and i got no regrets, but i would just like to warn the others.

Originally posted by 883 Low View Post
      Thought this was interesting - any particular reason why you wish you had started later?

Comment

21 years of age

Comment

The Bronze Age.
          Originally posted by K40
          To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
          ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

I was 25 when I was hired. A lot of retiring age guys were telling me how it's a great age. I was old enough that I didn't look like a kid and wasn't going nuts over any newfound abilities (like getting into bars.) Still old enough to bounce at 46-51 years old. My father is still skiing at 56, so it seems good to me.

Comment

21. 25 now.

Comment

Went to work at the Louisiana Dept. of Corrections (Angola) at the ripe old age of 19. Had just turned 28 when I went LEO.

Comment

36 ....after 6 years Military and 12 years as a network engineer. I'm glad, too because I learned a lot in those years. Especially my military time.

Comment

22 after 3 years U.S. Army
                    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Comment

22, been doing it for almost 20 years.
                      I have the heart of a child..................................No really, it is in a jar on my desk.

Comment

Not quite 19.5 years old. Now in my 35th year. Still same Force. See my sig line for more info.
                        #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
                        Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
                        RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
                        Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
                        "Smile" - no!

Comment

21......the earliest I could join at the time here in CA
                          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

32, now 37. And in better shape than at 30, but not as good as 33!
                            If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

I was hired at 22 yoa, now I'm 25, and I could retire at 42 yoa and double dip, but i'll probably do 25 if not 30 years because of how much I enjoy the job.
                              Thanks for the help !
                              I try to find a Monkey.

Comment

sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3458 users online. 195 members and 3263 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X