300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight Savings

Quick question for you guys, what happens on the daylight savings switches (like last night) regarding the logging of time? Do you just have two 0100 hour periods in your time logs? Do you somehow distinguish the two separate hour slots, or doesn't it really matter? My roommates and I were discussing it, but we're really sure what cops do. Thanks.

My department takes an hour off. We don't answer calls, we just use the time to raid the local Racetrac for much needed coffee.

-SC
    Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
    MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
    Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
    Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
    Various Graduate Credits - UoP
    MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
    DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

Ill tell you what happens!!

You wake running all over the house because you dont know if youll be at roll call one hour early or one hour late.

I woke up freaking out this morning

Comment

I just write it as usual and let the dispatchers work it out. I got an extra hour of OT last night.

Comment

Don't have that problem as my state doesn't have daylight saving time.
          If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence of your attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
            I just write it as usual and let the dispatchers work it out. I got an extra hour of OT last night.
            We ended up working a 13 hour shift. No OT for us as they make the argument we get the free hour in the spring.

Comment

1 OT here, but earned it with a deuce
              The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything

Comment

Get paid an extra hour of OT/Comp.

Comment

Point of information: It is properly called "Daylight SAVING Time" - in the singular. There are no savings to be gained!

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/aboutdst.html
                  Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

I did 0100 then 0100 DST.
                    sigpic

Comment

Usually we get paid an hour of OT. This year, they asked the night shift to come in an hour late.
                      summer - winter - work

Comment

They stagger late shift's starting time so some start regularly and some start an hour late.

Time cards are filled out like the time didn't change.

Reports are done with the correct time, and if the time changed during the incident that's noted in the report. For example, if you get a blood draw warrant and the time changes before you execute the warrant you will use the "correct" time but note in your probable cause that the time is due to DST and the actual elapsed time was X minutes.

I did stop a car at 0230 real time and issued a summons, but put 0330 because I hadn't set my watch back yet. Just did a quick correction the report and that was it.
                        I miss you, Dave.
                        http://www.odmp.org/officer/20669-of...david-s.-moore

Comment

Two years ago I hooked a drunk at 0146. I took him to jail and read the Implied Consent advisory (MN) at 0115. His attorney had me explain it 4 times in court. I kept explaining the "fall back", he tried to make an issue of it. I won.

Comment

I was off this weekend so I'm glad I didn't have to look at the CAD when the switch happened. Hard enough to log DL and NCIC checks, have to wait for the clock to catch up.
                            SCFC Dispatch Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Bushranger View Post
                              Don't have that problem as my state doesn't have daylight saving time.
                              Same here...no changing of the clocks. Football starts an hour later though because of that so I am not getting up at 7am for those 1pm games.
                              "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The ugliest of things is that man who thinks nothing is worth fighting and dying for and lets men better and braver than himself protect him". John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4676 users online. 270 members and 4406 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X