Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I wear (first day of work)

Hello,

I'm hoping that some of you LEO's can help me out with my current situation. I just recently got hired onto a college police department as a CSO (Community Service Officer). Anyway, I'm really excited to finally get into the criminal justice field, and I can't wait to start on Monday.

However, I won't have my uniform ordered until Monday (the day I start), so I wasn't sure what to wear the first day. I did ask the HR lady when she contacted me the other day, and she said "normal clothes should be fine." Anyway, since PD's like their officer's looking professional, and since I did an internship, I was thinking about wearing dress slacks, dress shirt, and a tie. I don't want to look like a moron, but I don't want to look like a slob either. I also thought about wearing dress slacks with like an IZOD (dress) polo.

If you LEO's could give me your opinion, that would be great.

Lastly, what's the best way to get use to 3rd shift quickly? I will be working at a college, where there are no dorms, so I'm sure it will be very slow at night. However, I'm happy to have a job, and I'm happy to get a job within the CJ field, so I will make the best of it. Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you have ever started at a place like where I will be, and what you did to keep yourself on task late at night.

Thanks much!

I'd say wear a suit, look professional. Bring a change of clothes just in case they say you're over dressed. Wear your uniform professionally, and with pride.

As for working night shift as a CSO....BTDT...

Try to be proactive, as proactive as you can be. What exactly will your duties include?

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzination View Post
      I'd say wear a suit, look professional. Bring a change of clothes just in case they say you're over dressed. Wear your uniform professionally, and with pride.

Try to be proactive, as proactive as you can be. What exactly will your duties include?
      Foot and vehicle patrols. From what I understand, there are about 30 custodial workers there on 3rd shift, so most of my contact will be with them. Other than that, I'm guessing that I will probably encounter teenagers messing around in the parking lots (when snowing), and or miscellaneous people driving/walking through the campus.

As far as being proactive goes, those are my intentions fully. I plan on trying to look for different things nighly so that I don't become complacent and miss something rather obvious.

Thanks again!

Comment

Black slacks and a collar shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzination View Post

+1

You cannot go wrong with a conservative suit and tie. As he said, bring a change of clothes so that you have the ability to change if your boss wants you to.
          Lighten up Francis!

Comment

show up with a red bandana, shirtless with a bullet proof vest, tactical camouflage bdu's, and steel toe boots.

Dont forget your swiss army knife and nunchucks.

Oh yea, a pen......always bring a pen

Comment

and a fire hydrant sized can of pepper spray.

Comment

Don't wear a suit. The job doesn't call for it, you'll get it ruined. Dress slacks and a button down shirt and tie. You can lose the tie. Bring a polo just in case you are way over dressed.
                Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

i would say something interesting.. maybe in a bikini style, preferably mesh
                  In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

No longer available.
                    Last edited by Matthew5:9; 01-28-2011, 01:56 AM.
                    -M5:9

Comment

polo shirt is the way to go.

Comment

By the way, most cops have the dress sense of a serbian yeti

Comment

Originally posted by damode1985 View Post
                          show up with a red bandana, shirtless with a bullet proof vest, tactical camouflage bdu's, and steel toe boots.

Dont forget your swiss army knife and nunchucks.

Oh yea, a pen......always bring a pen
                          +1

Comment

No need for a suit. A polo or button down and a pair of khakis will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JLH81 View Post
                              Hello,

I'm hoping that some of you LEO's can help me out with my current situation. I just recently got hired onto a college police department as a CSO (Community Service Officer). Anyway, I'm really excited to finally get into the criminal justice field, and I can't wait to start on Monday.

However, I won't have my uniform ordered until Monday (the day I start), so I wasn't sure what to wear the first day. I did ask the HR lady when she contacted me the other day, and she said "normal clothes should be fine." Anyway, since PD's like their officer's looking professional, and since I did an internship, I was thinking about wearing dress slacks, dress shirt, and a tie. I don't want to look like a moron, but I don't want to look like a slob either. I also thought about wearing dress slacks with like an IZOD (dress) polo.
                              If you LEO's could give me your opinion, that would be great.

Lastly, what's the best way to get use to 3rd shift quickly? I will be working at a college, where there are no dorms, so I'm sure it will be very slow at night. However, I'm happy to have a job, and I'm happy to get a job within the CJ field, so I will make the best of it. Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you have ever started at a place like where I will be, and what you did to keep yourself on task late at night.

Thanks much!
                              Either should be fine. In case you missed it, don't forget your sense of humor, pen and notepad.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4404 users online. 287 members and 4117 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X