Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What frustrates you the most about this job?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What frustrates you the most about this job?

Last year my partner and I are sent to a business that just had an auction of jewelry.

During the auction, several pieces went missing and were presumed stolen.

Turns out, an employee at the company we are being sent to, has uncovered the stolen items hidden inside a work area.

I believe the items were in a bag and the bag was stuffed in between a computer monitor in an office/warehouse.

An employee has admitted to the theft, and because of the dollar value it is a felony arrest.

My partner and I work for a while on this case, it pretty much takes us the rest of the day to do the reports and at the very end when it's all said and done the Detective tells us that the people who owned the jewelry no longer want to prosecute the case!

All that work for nothing.

How do you keep from getting frustrated while on the job?

Go to the range.
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

That's a good one Lawenforcer72, and it is productive and helps make you a better Officer.

My friend is dealing with some serious stress right now.

Just broke up with her bf. But she chooses to smoke and drink her sorrows away.

To each their own I guess, but I worry about her health.

Comment

Do you job to the best of your ability. You have no control when it comes to the DA charging the case or a victim who doesn't want to pursue a complaint.

How do you keep from being frustrated?? The sea of peeps is vast....throw your line in and keep fishing for the big one.
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Come on here and read "Ask a cop." Then I realize how good I really have it..

Comment

It sucks, but just realize that you are doing the best you can do to build the solid, indestructable case....a victim refuses to show up for court or prosecute or a DA pleas the case down for a quick win and positive statistic...not much you can do about that.
            After awhile, you will get used to it and let it roll off your back....just go to the next one and keep plugging away.
            Thats why i charge all dirtbags with as much as humanly possible...knowing that some will get dropped to get that plea.
            oh...and bourbon helps too
            "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
            The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
            sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
            Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Sorry man, you watch to many movies and i dont even think your a cop bro. Ive read many of your "questions" and they just dont sound right.

Originally posted by Defender77 View Post
              That's a good one Lawenforcer72, and it is productive and helps make you a better Officer.

My friend is dealing with some serious stress right now.

Just broke up with her bf. But she chooses to smoke and drink her sorrows away.

To each their own I guess, but I worry about her health.

Comment

Originally posted by crass cop View Post
                oh...and bourbon helps too
                Ohhhh how it helps
                I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

yes...its "helping" me now

DEF,
                  send me pics of your friend...the one who just broke up with her BF
                  "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                  The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                  sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                  Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Originally posted by Defender77 View Post
                    Last year my partner and I are sent to a business that just had an auction of jewelry.

During the auction, several pieces went missing and were presumed stolen.

Turns out, an employee at the company we are being sent to, has uncovered the stolen items hidden inside a work area.

I believe the items were in a bag and the bag was stuffed in between a computer monitor in an office/warehouse.

An employee has admitted to the theft, and because of the dollar value it is a felony arrest.

My partner and I work for a while on this case, it pretty much takes us the rest of the day to do the reports and at the very end when it's all said and done the Detective tells us that the people who owned the jewelry no longer want to prosecute the case!

All that work for nothing.

It really wasn't for nothing becuse you were on the clock weren't you? I must admit that I hated paperwork becuase it seemed like it was a lot easier to do nothing, but then again doing nothing isn't all it's cracked up to be either, so when it's all said and done, paper work really isn't such a bad deal. I knew guys who loved it because it kept them off the road and they knew how to pace themselves and go with the flow. I think trying to rush paper work to get back on the raod is like a salmon swimming up stream. The trick is to just take it easy, have your coffee, talk about whatever while your doing it, and remind yourself from time to time that it's a better way to make a buck than swinging a sledge hammer. I do agree that it can be a pain, but a lot of it is in our heads, and you can make it a lot easier if you put yourself in the right frame of mind.

Comment

Writing a domestic violence report, knowing the woman will say "no" when I ask if she wants to prosecute.

Comment

People that come on the forum claiming to be the police when it is clear they are not. If the police want to talk to the police about something, we don't do it in ask a cop.

Until you have a verified status through policeone or o.com(if we get that) you are a fake to me.

Comment

Supervisors who are hypocrites..

Comment

Judges who don't have balls...
                            Arrested a guy on felony charges, the take was over $4000.00. Perp pleads guilty in court, Judge gave him time served (roughly 30 days) and a year probation. No restitution, nothing. Perp shows up at my office 1st day out of jail, tells me that he is applying for a job at local business and would like if I gave him a good recommedation. Are you effing kidding me!

Comment

Defender77: Preach on brother,,preach on. Definitely hear where you are coming from on that one.

Other than stuff like that it's the spineless supervisors that get my blood boiling. We don't take care of each other like we used to, that's for sure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3410 users online. 183 members and 3227 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X