300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the ride along?

I just had my first ride along and thanked the officer. I was wondering if i should write a short letter to him thanking him or does that sound to kiss-***. Thanks

Don't send it. I would've found it odd had any of my ride alongs sent me one.

Comment

You really should have left a $20 on the seat when you got out of the squad..

Comment

Occasionally, when I am out of town for a long time, I ride along with a local department. I usually will buy the officer dinner. If I want to put something in writing, I will send it to the head of the agency so that the officer gets something nice in his personnel file.
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

If you're compelled to write someone, write to the officer's supervisor indicating how impressed you were with the officer's courtesy and professionalism. Those are always nice little "atta boys" for the personnel file.
          sigpic
          Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
          And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
            Occasionally, when I am out of town for a long time, I ride along with a local department. I usually will buy the officer dinner. If I want to put something in writing, I will send it to the head of the agency so that the officer gets something nice in his personnel file.
            Ha! Great minds think alike.
            sigpic
            Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
            And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

I agree with KAPSFB and DAL regarding a letter.

Comment

I'm with ChiTownDet, lol. A $20 would've been a nice gesture.

Comment

A short letter to the Supervisor thanking him for the opportunity would be appropriate.
                  Originally posted by K40
                  To me, open carry is the equivalent of the couple making out and groping each other at the food court in the mall. Yeah, they are probably legal, as long as they don't start getting undressed. But they are still social retards.
                  ‎"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him." - Rooster Cogburn

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
                    I'm with ChiTownDet, lol. A $20 would've been a nice gesture.
                    Well, it is Chicago. But wouldn't you give the money up front?
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                      Well, it is Chicago. But wouldn't you give the money up front?
                      You'd get dinner out of him up front...

Comment

Get a SUbway or Chipotle gift card for at least $20. Should last a few dinners. OR better yet....get the officer a cookie bouquet or a frilly, mushy card with a photo of you in "night wear"

Seriously....a "thnaks for the ride along" is usually enough, but if you wnat to do something more, do the gift card for "lunches" or send a letter about how professional the officer was.

If it was me...i would want the gift card, (or a few cigars...cops dont make that much $$$)..but would never admit it.
                        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

ok, so its not "thnaks"...but "thanks" darn bourbon...messin' up me spellin' again.
                          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
                          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
                          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
                          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

make sure you spray your perfume all over the letter so the officer can smell you and remember you forever. Also, dont forget to put on your reddest red lipstick and leave a sexy smooch on the top right of the letter!!

Seriously letters are lame. Send an "atta boy" to his sergeant so he sticks it in his file. That way next time he screws up and a "aw crap" paper goes in there, hell have a good one to balance it out.

Comment

One of my department's recruiters always gives his ride outs his card with his work phone and email, so they can call and ask him for more information if needed. Other officers are glad that they made it through the night without having to dump you off at the station. It just depends on how friendly the officer is.

-SC
                              Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
                              - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
                              MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
                              Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
                              Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
                              Various Graduate Credits - UoP
                              MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
                              DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3672 users online. 232 members and 3440 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X