300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoos

Ok, I've always wondered this considering the prevalence of tattoos these days. Are you allowed to get tattoos AFTER you are hired? Is there any regulation as to content/appropriateness? I've always wondered this as I see more and more cops with them.

Like many things, this is agency dependent.
    The comments made herein are those solely of author and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency or other entity.

Surfs Up on youtube!

Specialized Services Group on Facebook!

Comment

And the search function will reveal many discussions on this subject.

Comment

Your agency probably won't have a problem, as long as you keep the tattoo tasteful and out of view. I have 3 tattoos myself, and they can all be covered up by a t-shirt.

Comment

My dept doesn't have an ink policy. Some do. All of mine are under my clothes, but I'm considering something more visible and checked the policy.

Comment

Some Agencies will make you cover it up and other won't care. I came in with my left arm sleeved and now I'm in the process of getting my right arm done.
            We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

If memory serves me, nothing derogatory, sexist, racist, or extremist. And it is up to the chief to figure out if it falls into one of those categories.
              It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3321 users online. 166 members and 3155 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X