300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academic Mistakes

This is a question that I am very worried about the answer. In my high school career I made some very bad academic mistakes and can only get my normal high school diploma ( not the core 40 even ), will this make it more difficult to become an Indianapolis Metropolitan Police officer, since I really can not get into a real good college?

I have my priorities in order now and am an A B student. Thanks for your service to your community and stay safe.

I didn't know they had different high school diplomas. The school your degree is from really isn't that important, just the fact you have one. Since this is a fairly low paying job in general not many people can afford to go to a top notch school. In fact everyone I work with save my self and one other got theirs from a community college.

Comment

See that is what I was going to do is get mine at a community college. That is alright, that won't hurt your chances or anything?

Thanks for your service to your community and stay safe.

Comment

An accredited college-preferably regionally accredited-is all you need.

I have no idea what you are talking about in re. to "normal" diplomas and "core 40." Did you graduate HS?

Comment

I am in my senior year right now and at my high school we have 4 different diplomas.

Thanks for your service and stay safe.

Comment

If your High School Diploma is recognized as such, I don't see a problem. If you have a knowledgeable counselor at your school,a visit to his/her office might be in order. (Just how good is that diploma?). It it gets you into a community college, then it should be sufficient.

Comment

yes sir, it will get me into a community college, but that is about it.

Thanks for your service to your community and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Gold777 View Post
                yes sir, it will get me into a community college, but that is about it.

Thanks for your service to your community and be safe.
                The community college is a great place to start! If you find yourself doing well with the curriculum there, and are enjoying higher education, you can always transfer to a 4 year school later if that fits your needs.

The secret is to do as well as you can from this point forward! Recruiters like to see that you have stepped up the plate, NOT quit trying, and have met with success as you have continued your education.

Good on ya for having awakened, and improved your study habits toward the end of your high school experience... you should do fine!

Good luck.
                Living the Dream... One Day at a Time!

Comment

If someone asks you: Do you have A high school diploma? Can you answer "Yes."?

If so, then I don't see a problem. Whatever silly titles they come up with for them is irrelevant.

If you really want to make it a moot issue get a associates degree in something.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2896 users online. 181 members and 2715 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X